mrray13

jack frost's h/t box..

and it starts...lol..

it's 2.5ft^3~ net after sub and bracing...

and here we go....

jackfrostbox0016ka.jpg

jackfrostbox0029hl.jpg

the pieces are cut....

jackfrostbox0035ho.jpg

jackfrostbox0041ax.jpg

jackfrostbox0054xu.jpg

in these u can see the bracing and the flush mount baffle/trim panel..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

sweet, very sweet

whats it gonna be covered in ?

jackfrostbox0062yr.jpg

jackfrostbox0072pp.jpg

filling all holes..all holes filled and sanded...

jackfrostbox0080mr.jpg

woohoooo...primer/sealer that didn't friggin work...got high too.. :woot:

jackfrostbox0099bh.jpg

what i saw the morning after painting...yuck...

jackfrostbox0105iu.jpg

sanded..again..lmao....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

jackfrostbox0119hv.jpg

second go around with primer/sealer that did work!!

jackfrostbox0128jj.jpg

jackfrostbox0141xc.jpg

jackfrostbox0159rl.jpg

TADA!!! finished!!! it's painted in black laquor and textured. (except the bottom, which is just painted)

it will have 4 legs (also painted black) about 3" tall and they can be spotted in some of the above photo's...

my camera doesn't do it justice...

i'll ship it monday, hopefully jack will have it by thrusday....then he can give a full report!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

thanks guys....and i agree..the flush mount is the sexy!!

and supa..u and me both...jack assured me when he gets it, pics will be taken!! the tc9 is going to look sweet in there...

my wife suggested the texture after the first primer fisco...i hope jack likes it...i do!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Looking great.

Makes me want to get working on a coffee table with my orphan Type R. :joshers3:

Awesome work, but I'd like to make a recommendation of using spikes instead of those "feet." The coupling from the spikes actually causes quite a benefit in terms of output when coupled to the floor. I was not a believer until I used them.

x2 on spikes.

Very nice Kent - looks real solid. The TC will look real cool in there.

If/when I do a HT box, I'm going to have to give that textured paint a whirl. The uber would look cool inverted or even normal mount on the black.

seriously though i wish i could build a box that nice. hell its taking me forever to figure out what to design for my car let alone start building it. I must say, that box is sexy.

seriously though i wish i could build a box that nice. hell its taking me forever to figure out what to design for my car let alone start building it.  I must say, that box is sexy.

Don't worry bout that, you have to walk before you can run... takes some time to perfect the art, every box I built gets better and better.

x2 on spikes.

Very nice Kent - looks real solid.  The TC will look real cool in there.

If/when I do a HT box, I'm going to have to give that textured paint a whirl.  The uber would look cool inverted or even normal mount on the black.

the texture i used is the splatter paint by dupli-color available at auto zone...then i used a rustoleum black laquer over the top of that..

as to the spikes...u guys are referring to actually attaching the box to the floor? hmmmm....

oh yeah, here's the box on it's "feet"..lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

post-66-1111967034_thumb.jpg

post-66-1111967050_thumb.jpg

No Kent, the spikes are not attached to the floor. They simply screw into the bottom of the enclosure via T-nuts and have a small coupling device (usually a tiny disc) that goes under the spike.

No Kent, the spikes are not attached to the floor.  They simply screw into the bottom of the enclosure via T-nuts and have a small coupling device (usually a tiny disc) that goes under the spike.

ok, but it does actually "attach" the box to the floor, correct?

anyway, if he chooses, jack can indeed do that as the legs are attached to the box using a plate that will allow the legs to be unscrewed if need be...each plate is attached with 4 screws...pretty solid...

ships tomorrow!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

It's simply coupled by the pressure exerted upon the spikes by the weight of the enclosure.  There is no attachment to the floor physically. 

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=240-715

damn..those look sweet as hell as well!!!

but how do they work? i mean, how are they actually going ot make a difference when they appear to have no "mechanical" advantage of regular legs? is it the pressure exerted by the point into the disc? what? and just how much of a difference did they make?

jack, when u see this (where have ya been lately?) check out that link!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I don't know the physics behind it, nor do I care to do the research. From what I gather, it's similar to securing an enclosure driectly to your vehicle versus just having it sitting there. It transmits additional energy throughout the room by means of the physical coupleing of the driver/enclosure to the floor. All I know is, I noticed an improvement in impact when I finally added some to my Tempest enclosure. 19 cubes @18 Hz is a HT dream! Although I much rather prefer 4 of them IB!

I don't know the physics behind it, nor do I care to do the research.  From what I gather, it's similar to securing an enclosure driectly to your vehicle versus just having it sitting there.  It transmits additional energy throughout the room by means of the physical coupleing of the driver/enclosure to the floor.  All I know is, I noticed an improvement in impact when I finally added some to my Tempest enclosure.  19 cubes @18 Hz is a HT dream!    Although I much rather prefer 4 of them IB!

fine!! :madsign: i'll just get off my lazy internet ass and do the research myself... :ohsnap:

why, i oughta :gayfight2:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i think its just cause the spikes dont let the enclosure slide at all, even on legs, it'll slide a little but on those spikes it wont at all

Oh yes...that box is looking sweet. Too bad I won't be home to pick it up and install the driver for another 2 weeks :(

But then again, I don't have an amp for it yet anyway...