jfin1204

crossovers for the AA mid and tweeter

does anyone know how hard it is to put together a crossover. i know the concept of a crossover and some components of it, but dont know if i want to take on the task im sure its easy for some. i talked to a dealer but i would want to have the components and not know how to put the crossover together.

Do you have any measurement equipment? Do you understand thiele small parameters?

My guess considering the question is no, in that case unless you choose a headunit that is active capable and run an amplifier channel for each driver it will be darn near impossible for you to build a passive crossover and have it sound good.

Assembling crossovers isn't too hard.

The hard part is designing them. It takes a lot of time and a bit of experience.

In a car it is do-able but you need to test out diffrent crossover frequencies and slopes to match the components and the install.

Is there any chance you could filter them active ? Maybe you have a 4 channel amp that can do that, or even a head unit that can ?

I think in the end you will be more satisfied with an active head unit controlled cross over.

It is more forgiving, and the upgrade may actually cost less than a really well built pair of crossovers.

The best solution is run them on a 4 channel amp with active crossovers.

Otherwise, I can send you a crossover design. I can even give you a parts list from part express. I can even build them and ship them if you need me to. . .With all nice caps and inductors, they would be right at $100.

Brian

Otherwise, I can send you a crossover design. I can even give you a parts list from part express. I can even build them and ship them if you need me to. . .With all nice caps and inductors, they would be right at $100.

Brian

so it would be the quote you gave me in the pm plus a hundred for the crossover x2.

Brian

so it would be the quote you gave me in the pm plus a hundred for the crossover x2.

The quote + $100 for the pair of XO's, not each.

Brian

do you think i can get the design and parts list and ill try it, if i dont succeed then ill pm you. thanx