If their is, what is the bolt pattern difference between a 1997 GMC Truck bolt pattern and a 1996 Dodge Ram bolt pattern.

A friend of mine has some 20"s on his 1997 GMC and he bought 22" and is going to give me the 20"s and I'm wondering if they will fit or not?

If they are both 1/2 ton trucks no they will not work. Dodges are 5 lug with a crorss section of 5.5" and Chevy's are 6 lug but I'm not sure the cross section. 3/4 and 1 tons are both 8 lug with 6.5 " cross section so they may work depending on back spacing.

They do sell adapters for the 1/2 ton but they are 3/4 -1" thick and I wouldn't recommend using them.

Chad

He is going to " give " or " sell " them to you?

Give me them. They have a few curb marks on the lips so yeah.......

anyone know?

If they are both 1/2 ton trucks no they will not work. Dodges are 5 lug with a crorss section of 5.5" and Chevy's are 6 lug but I'm not sure the cross section. 3/4 and 1 tons are both 8 lug with 6.5 " cross section so they may work depending on back spacing.

They do sell adapters for the 1/2 ton but they are 3/4 -1" thick and I wouldn't recommend using them.

Chad

His are 5 lug, as are mine. :shrug:

My boy up the road has a Chevy on 20's and he was telling me them adapters arent really good to use..

I just bought some rims my self, and he was telling me if I have to buy adapters to not even bother with it and find a rim that will directly fit..

Its up to you..

It will not work. Dodge Ram 1500 bolt pattern is 5 X 5.5 and GMC 1/2 ton 2WD is 5 X 5 and I think 4WD is 6 X 5.5.

edit: Are you looking for strictly big and flashy rims or are you looking for something above an 18" that is also OK to get dirty?

Edited by casflan

My boy up the road has a Chevy on 20's and he was telling me them adapters arent really good to use..

I just bought some rims my self, and he was telling me if I have to buy adapters to not even bother with it and find a rim that will directly fit..

Its up to you..

I won't buy adapters....... I just wanna know the bolt pattern difference.

It will not work. Dodge Ram 1500 bolt pattern is 5 X 5.5 and GMC 1/2 ton 2WD is 5 X 5 and I think 4WD is 6 X 5.5.

Thank you. :captain:

sorry I assumed they were both 4x4's.

Chad

Nope lol

All me friend and I all drive 2x4"s....... we like to make them LOW.......

Will they fit on an 07 Monte Carlo?

You are very welcome.

I am an extremely slow poster apparently. :Doh: If you like low, I assume you like flashy wheels and summitracing.com has some decent ones. I, personally, am more of a function over flash guy and I lift my trucks instead of lowering.

I think Montes are 5 X 4.75 (120.6mm-ish). By the way, these are good questions but they could be answered with a quick Google visit.

You are very welcome.

I am an extremely slow poster apparently. :Doh: If you like low, I assume you like flashy wheels and summitracing.com has some decent ones. I, personally, am more of a function over flash guy and I lift my trucks instead of lowering.

I don't like flash to much........ at all really........ My tuck isn't flashy at all.

I must say I like Meade's rims though...... they have a set like that at a rim shop here. I wouldn't mind them in 22"s or 24"s on my truck.

I think Montes are 5 X 4.75 (120.6mm-ish). By the way, these are good questions but they could be answered with a quick Google visit.

I know...... but my thread and can't always trust google. =)

I thought from the title this thread was going to be a crap off.

Who makes the shittier American car, Chevy or Dodge?

I thought from the title this thread was going to be a crap off.

Who makes the chittier American car, Chevy or Dodge?

Chevy and Dodge make good vehicles...

Depending on what your looking at.

They are so good that neither company can stay in business. Desirable too obviously. Lol.

alot of people think a us made car is the best... only cause we are american.

lol you have no idea.

FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! end of discussion

oh maybe i shouldve read more then the headline :[

Edited by F-150 Murphy