kryptonitewhite

no terminal connectors with recone

I ordered a dual 2 recone for my IB3 and had to ask for a second set of terminal connectors since it was SVC before. I received the recone, but no terminal connectors... I assume I have to wait to finish the recone till I get a second set?

Brian is on top of it, I'll just sit tight... not taking any chances trying to purchase local terminals or a temp remody :)

The coil is 4 layer now, basically I have 2 2ohm coils instead of 1 now, so I am hoping Fs is lowered a tad, closer to 20Hz, and maybe since there's 2 coils splitting the power now, maybe power handling will go up a touch as well?

Thanks Brian and Fi... A+++!!!

I received your PM - I will let Scott know tomorrow.

You can complete the recone, then bolt in the terminals when you get them and solder the leads .

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

What on EARTH are you doing to that poor thing?!?!?!?!?

hehehehehe

does this have something to do with the DAF?

hehehehehe

does this have something to do with the DAF?

I think he is the creator and user of the DAF.

Beaking in coils? You have to be effing kidding me...

Can someone explain to me what is happening in here? I'm thoroughly confused.

Never know what might happen with someone who runs an IB sub in a box on 4X the rated power. . . ;)

Got your emails. . .nice explanation, but I stil do not think it is going to help the sub perform any better.

Honestly guys think about what today is, well for about half an hour left.

Honestly guys think about what today is, well for about half an hour left.

That is why this is the most awful day on the calender :angry22:

Never know what might happen with someone who runs an IB sub in a box on 4X the rated power. . . ;)

Got your emails. . .nice explanation, but I stil do not think it is going to help the sub perform any better.

I drained it out of the tube, decided to try it without....

Hey in your recone video, it looks like one of the leads is really tight. Can't tell if that is one you soldered, or one hanging there that you do not have a terminal for.

edit - Nevermind - I watched again - looks like it is just laying flat and at some angles just looks tight.

Also, be careful - no dust cap and pole vent covered means you are not pushing air through the gap. thermal power handling will decrease. . .

Brian

Hey in your recone video, it looks like one of the leads is really tight. Can't tell if that is one you soldered, or one hanging there that you do not have a terminal for.

edit - Nevermind - I watched again - looks like it is just laying flat and at some angles just looks tight.

Also, be careful - no dust cap and pole vent covered means you are not pushing air through the gap. thermal power handling will decrease. . .

Brian

it's not getting much power at all, just in case I checked to see if anything felt warm... I don't think it's even 1/3rd excursion.... AA battery might do more damage :)

and thanks for playin along :D I had a little fun, Megan was crying she was laughing so hard at some of the things people said on other forums. 1 guy even stayed up, couldn't sleep, he couldn't believe it. I said something about "should I turn it off then? I was told to do it over night" and he started caps locking freaking out lol

A little late for this forum, cuz I never posted it here... but when Brian posted the vid here I decided to just go with it...but:

APRIL FOOLS BISHES! Krypto is dumb, not totally retarded!

My first recone pics:

DSC_0001-3.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

DSC_0012-2.jpg

A TRUE break in vid, no hoax! 2 walmart receiver amps 1 per coil, excursion low... suspension tight... (you would think it would be loose by now, what with all that earlier break in ;)

Thanks Fi! Thanks Brian! Thanks ROE!

Next video, full excursion for at least 5-10 minutes, probably an hour or more. That one will be for Steve Callas, who I know knows a lot, BUT, to this day IDK if he seriousely doesn't understand basically any subwoofer can be played full excursion free air indefinately if done properly, or if he was giving me a hard time about "warranty void". Break 'em in 15Hz-30Hz ISH.... I've done many overnight break ins, Kicker has lots of excellent info on it!

P.S. I am pissed, those new colors for the Eff Eyye logo are awesome, and I didn't think to ask for a certain color, so I'm going inverted :) Custom D2

Do not invert that dustcap.

You'll be here in 3 days saying "My dustcap is making noise Fi sucks and I need a new recone"

There is a reason why it has a flange on it and a reason why that flange is sanded. Don't do it.

Do not invert that dustcap.

You'll be here in 3 days saying "My dustcap is making noise Fi sucks and I need a new recone"

There is a reason why it has a flange on it and a reason why that flange is sanded. Don't do it.

oops... and this time's not a joke... and we used superglue instead of the epoxy we used for the recone so it ran down maiking it look bad :(

Fi sucks!

hehe