I checked my battery, nothing is touching + and -

I checked the amp, the power wire and ground fit nice and snug with no loose strands

The amp worked last night......all i did was unhook wires, move it to the trunk and hook the wires back up....I'm at a loss :(

The only thing i can think of is its somehow shorted in the amp, but i didn't shake, tip, etc. since last night...i don't think the power wire is cut since i turned the car on and the fuse in the engine bay is fine.

I have an AQ1200D and two SDC2.5 subs by the way.

I checked my battery, nothing is touching + and -

I checked the amp, the power wire and ground fit nice and snug with no loose strands

The amp worked last night......all i did was unhook wires, move it to the trunk and hook the wires back up....I'm at a loss :(

The only thing i can think of is its somehow shorted in the amp, but i didn't shake, tip, etc. since last night...i don't think the power wire is cut since i turned the car on and the fuse in the engine bay is fine.

I have an AQ1200D and two SDC2.5 subs by the way.

Maybe check the runs for any cracks is the housing?

What do you mean by short?

If there was a short the fuse in the engine bay should blow.

u live anywhere near Kentucky or better yet, just post where u live and see if someone here can check it out

Does the amp turn on or go into protect? Did you remove the fuse under the hood before you disconnected the wires? If not and the power wire touched the amp at all, poof goes the amp.

did you happen to get the amp working before this happen? i saw your other post where u said the amp wasn't putting out much power, maybe that amp gave up the ghost...

Take a multimeter and check and see if you have 12V power at the end of the positive wire by the amp. With your car on, check the remote wire with a DMM and see if you have a 12V signal there. If all those check out, it seems to me to be an amp problem.

Does the amp turn on or go into protect? Did you remove the fuse under the hood before you disconnected the wires? If not and the power wire touched the amp at all, poof goes the amp.

AGH!!! SOB thats what i didn't do...man i know to do that too....thanks for the help, i'll go see if that was it.

ok so I dunno why its blowing fuses in the amp now...and not last night. But it still doesnt work.

I hook up the ground wires and then the power wire to the amp. Then touch the engine bay fuse to the holder and it sparks. The engine bay fuse is fine, hasn't blown.

And i live in ABQ, NM if anyone feels like coming to take a look, just PM me. I guess i'll call up AudioQ tomorrow and ask them about it.

Edited by FF5

Try hooking up another amp with those same wires. That'll tell you if its the amp.

Jsut for the sake of anyone reading this as a review of that amp......

Nothing is wrong with. Audioque tested it, it's fine....so somehow there is some bug in my system thats really screwy. Guess I'm gonna take all my wires out, check them, find a different ground, replace my RCAs (mostly cause they're not that great, and they sat in a puddle in my trunk....apparently i have a leak) and then go from there

Oh and it rained AFTER all of this so it couldn't be the water leakage causing problems.