burton907

Need graduation present ideas!

hey guys. so my parents want to get me something pretty big for graduation this June. I can't think of anything that sounds really appealing. i want something that i cause use for teh next couple years.. or if it's something like a 1 time deal, something that i can have friends go with. or just to have great memories on. basically, all i'm asking for are idea's. or what you recieved as graduation gifts, anything is welcome.

it doesn't matter how much either, neither of my parents graduated, and so they said that they want to get me something really big for graduation. plus it might help my brother want to stick with it, he's been getting into alot of trouble lately..

so anyone please help me out.

Maybe check out gifts.com for "regular" type things. Any big ticket items you'll have to think of yourself. How about a year's tuition at college?

Stock options in AIG and GM.

Seriously though. . . How much money are they willing to spend?

Stock options in AIG and GM.

Seriously though. . . How much money are they willing to spend?

lol no shit.

An apartment for your first year of college. Dorms suck a$$

I disagree. Dorms should be used in the first year, that's how you meet a lot of people.

It's nice to meet people but I still wouldn't want to live in one though.

i honestly wouldn't mind stayin in a dorm. though the dorms here would kinda suck.

the college i'm going to for my first year is only $14,000ish with dorms. dorms are only $3000. and i could do that, it's an option i considered, but i'm only planning on staying here for this one year then i'm going down south. i was thinking a nice newish car. i really like the Scion tC. but mechanically idk how it is. i'm just going by looks i suppose. as far as cars what do you guys recommend?

and idk what the spending limit is, i know it's gotta be less then 25 grand, cause i asked them if they could get me this super nice 06 Grand Cherokee, but it was too expensive. and i know i can get atleast 5ish grand out of them. cause a couple years ago my plan was a 4 wheeler, but i kinda grew out of that now that i plan on moving after a year here.

Can't go wrong with Scion, it's a Toyota product.

I disagree. Dorms should be used in the first year, that's how you meet a lot of people.

Agreed. Dorms were some of the best times in college. Plus it's a LOT easier to meet friends with whom you can then live with in an apartment/house for the next 3+ years, and you'd even have a heads up on how they live/treat roommates and the house. Not to mention the girls that are always there! Dumb easy way to meet chicks. In the first week I just walked around all the floors looking for open doors to talk to people. Met some great friends that way, and nobody thinks you're weird for doing it.

Anyway, off topic. Although this is in the off-topic section. I'd suggest not getting a car unless you can pay for it right now in total. Car payments during school are no fun.

One of these:

6823hot-tattoo-girl.jpg

OR one of these:

Saleen_S7_Twin-Turbo.jpg

I guess if you had the later you could get the other one. You did say money was no option right? Seriously a really nice laptop is a good thought. With a printer and all the trimmin's.

I'm a yota man myself. I have owned a 04 tacoma, 05 xrunner, 06 xb, and currently own 3 tundras. A 07 black cewmax, a 08 green mossey oak edition 4x4 four door, and a 08 blue four door.

With the increasingly low cost of laptops I would go with a tc or some sort of vehicle... nothing beats a reliable vehicle. You can get a nice laptop now for ~400 dollars. I recently built a high end computer for ~600 bucks.... computer component pricing is so low.... go with the car :)

oh yea never get one of those above the Saleen. They are too dam expensive. I've had with mine for 8 years and I am still paying for her.

oh yea never get one of those above the Saleen. They are too dam expensive. I've had with mine for 8 years and I am still paying for her.

You have an S7????!!!!!

PICS NOW!!!!!

That's my ultimate BONER! In the Liztick Red as pictured, albeit without the black wheels. They are just pure sex.

You have an S7????!!!!!

PICS NOW!!!!!

That's my ultimate BONER! In the Liztick Red as pictured, albeit without the black wheels. They are just pure sex.

Seriously, PICTURES NOW. Maybe a video of the exhaust too....mmmmm

x2, my thread, i demand if you threadjack you need proof of pics damnit!

on that note, i already have a laptop, i actually just bought it a couple weeks ago. i gotta send it in cause my wifi card was a defect the next day i got it. but i paid 1000 for it (it's a gaming laptop). it's pretty nice i love it. on that note i knwo what you guys are talking about they are getting really cheap, i built my last desktop 3 years ago, 1000 for all the parts and software (another game pc) and it had a 7900GT in it, 300 for it, now i just got my laptop with a 9600GT in it, and it was only 80 dollars for it. my jaw dropped, i never stayed up to date with it since i built mine.

i had no idea Scion was yota, in that case i really wouldn't mine it. my first car was a corolla. also i checked for MSRP on the tC and for the 08 or 09 (which ever they have on scion.com) MSRP is 17 grand. my only problemm is that it is a car, and i'm a SUV/truck kinda guy.. mainly for the large storage/4wd. i'm outdoorsy. any idea's on a nice, new SUV/mid size truck? remember i'll be in college so MPG needs to be decent..

also to who ever said payments in college suck, i didn't think about that! thanks. though the whole point in my parents buying me something, is that they actually buy it.

my parents are well known for scammin me for money... when i got my corolla my mom offered to buy me studded tires as a first car gift, i said okay i was just planning on buying really cheap used ones anyways, so just go get some used ones. she says okay and goes to costco, comes home and drops the tires off in front of my car, says i ow her 450 dollars for the tires. i was pretty pissed, especially since i just used all my money to get the car, and i just started working so i had no money to drive around and enjoy actually having a car. she said she gave me 50 dollars off with the tires, they were originally 500... thanks mom.

so this time i'm makin sure i'm not gonna get cheated out here haha

You have an S7????!!!!!

PICS NOW!!!!!

Notice he said one of those above the Saleen, meaning the girl. But hey, pics of the girl would be allowed, too.

You have an S7????!!!!!

PICS NOW!!!!!

Notice he said one of those above the Saleen, meaning the girl. But hey, pics of the girl would be allowed, too.

Reading> Me. :Doh:

Just remember a lot of 4 year universities require 60 hours to live off campus...

The Saleen is nice too but something a lot more reasonable would be better..something with a trunk and the ability to drive over speed bumps perhaps :lol: