Sign in to follow this  
AirFramerMack

AHH they have arrived!!

Now i just cant decide how to port. i have 7.35^3ft i can either do a huge 8" port and make the enclosure small to get my goal of 6.0 after displacement, or do a huge slot port

Nice!! Just make it simple and go with the slot port...you will be happy I promise!

A slot port works for me unless box size becomes an issue. how many Sq inch would you make the port? the height will be 16.75" I want to make the port as large as possible which would be 6.5" wide. the box is 39.5 so it would be a very tight squeeze, but i want to move as much air as possible. Mind you I will be running 1000rms(conservatively) was going for 34-38hz tuning, i listen to ALL types of music. but mainly rap or RnB. SQ is not a factor just wanna get ER loud

Ok what i have come up with is 100" of port. Enclosure will be 39.5Wx18.25Hx22.5D with a 6"x16.75"x20"port at 34hz. Anyone agree/disagree?

the only problem i see is when i graphed it on WINISD its showing the sound will drop off tremendously at 36hz and above

yes that is my only concern that is why I was going with a round port in the in the first design, would save me 1.5^ft3.... still might do that if i can figure out how to use winISD and see what one would be loudest 6.0 with a huge slot port or a 8" round port