TheKram

Newbie from Ohiooooo

Hey new guy here from the Akron, Ohio area. I just bought a new 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS. The previous owner f*cked something up with the radio and it sounds like crap. I want to completely pull out the old and put all my new stuff in. I don't know much about audio systems and a friend referred me to this site. He said you guys know what youre doing better than most anyone else on the net. I come looking for suggestions. I was thinking two 12's in a sealed box, I cant afford the ported. Basically for now I want two 12's in the back, enclosed, with a decent amp, for under $300. Is it possible? And although I would rather do it myself, I'm having best buy do it. I'm going to do the door speakers after they get the ridiculous wiring in this thing re-organized. Its a complete mess behind the HU. I'm completely open to any and all suggestions and/or ideas.

Thanks a ton!

Mark

hello from newark, i think its possible to do 2 12s with a decent amp for 300, however, i wouldnt have best buy do it as you wont get anything good for that price, if you would like some help PM me, or my messengers might be available on here. as for ported vs sealed dont even bother with pre made boxes that are ported, you will rarely get one that works well with the subs that you choose, besides, you can build your own much cheaper and better

welcome

Welcome

so many people coming from ohio awesome!

welcome!

:WELCOME:

I was thinking getting a Sony XM-D9001GTR Amp and running two 12 inch Alpine type R's. The 2ohm ones. Ive raised my budget.

Welcome! I lived my whole life until 6 months ago in Akron. I honestly think you could do better then a sony amp, but you do have a limited budget