Well i think i will need a new amp kit, I am using a cheap 4ga ( American accessories ). But I just upgraded amps. I will be running an AudioQue 1200d, and Kicker 350.4 with a kinetik HC 800 in the trunk. I am leaning towards a Kicker amp kit, and a knu concepts. Will 4ga be enough?

4ga will not be enough, get 1/0 with a distribution block.

As for kicker or knu get whatever you can get the best deal on.

do the kicker pkd1 1/0 dual amp kit. It doesn't come with patch cords though.

I used the 26.99 4 awg kit from knu on my rd1000.1 that should be fine if you are on a budget. but if not the kicker and knu are both great kits.

if you plan on upgrading anytime soon. get the knu 1/0 kit for 52 and that does not include rcas. they have some for under 10 that work good. If you do not plan on upgrading the 4 awg kit for 26.99 has everything you need.

I am not sure what they are going for on the net but, the zero gauge dual amp kit retails for $250.00.Which is 100 percent mark up over cost. But it is some of the best 1/0 on the market. You can't do this to most true gauge 1/0

0gauge.jpg

Sorry about the "patch cord". Most old school installers call rca's patch cords. Technically any or cord connecting electrical equipment is a patch cord. The "RCA" is the name of the connecting end named after the company.

You can find that kicker kit for around 125 or less if you want that. knu flex wire is also very good but over your budget

Ok i did find that kit,but its only 17ft of cable, and i need 20. 20' only left me with about 8" to work with in the trunk I guess im just going to buy the wire by the foot. can i use my 4ga as the ground? my battery ground is about 10" away, and my amps are grounded to my battery

Edited by AirFramerMack

I very much liked the Knukoncepts install kit and products I bought by the foot, good quality speaker wire and rca's

With you r budget you better go with the KNU . I purchase directly from Kicker and my dealer cost on that kit is $125

if you already had it setup before all you should need is the power wire order it by the foot and get some for the ground to they are having a closout on the kolossus wire 25ft 69.99

They don't have any extra welding wire lying around where you are stationed?

So you do more mechanical and electrical and not structual work. If you have a welding shop around most have 1/0 for aound 1.50 a foot, in my area anyway.

Edited by Audibel Customs

I would just ask knukonceptz if they would add a few feet, they do have a 1/0 kit for 52.99, I used the klm complete to do my buddies car, and honestly the only thing about it was the rca's in that kit were not the highest grade. I would get their klm amp kit, without rca's, then get their krystal rca's line, its what i used, and I was impressed with the quality for the price!