Sign in to follow this  
bobby_7

Enclosure for 2 10" MTX

i just traded my one 12" MTX 8000 series for 2 10" MTX 6000 series (4 ohm). sounds like i got screwed but the 10 sounds so much better. now i want to get an enclosure for both because the guy i traded with only had an enclosure for one. the enclosure it is in now is about 1.1 cu. ft. it sounds pretty good, gets decently low and decently loud, but doesnt really exceed in either category. i listen to all kinds of rock and some rap occasionally. so i want an LSQ setup. i cant decide whether i want to go ported yet or not. i'd love to but not sure i have the money because i dont have the knowledge to build my own. i am just wondering what the perfect size sealed and ported enclosure for LSQ would be. thanks

try lookin them up and finding the specs on them, then designing a box to fit ur car.ported sq is usually from 25-30Hz, LSQ is 30-35, and spl is 35+ (usually 45-50 tops) having never heard those before i can't recommend a box for them, sorry and welcome to ssaudio.....

i have been checkin around at some different box calculators and none of them match. one will say my box is 1.1 cu. ft. and the other will say 1.6 and another .9. what is a good box calculator that is correct? the box's dimensions are as follows: top depth- 5"....bottom depth- 7 1/4"....width- 25 3/8"....height- 16". if i went with a .75 cu. ft. box what would that do as far as how it sounds? would it be louder or deeper?

I use ---> www.12volt.com

Or rockfordfosgates if i need a quick one

thanks. on fosgates i am getting 1.084 and on the12volt's i am getting .5422.........? which one should i belive or am i doing something wrong?

i dont know wxactly what your doing wrong, but dont use 1/2 mdf. its too thin

but if those are external, i get 1.15