Sign in to follow this  
pear_b

Tell me if im on the right track

Its time for me to install all my gear, ive installed few HU's here and there but never a full system consisting of multiple amps, subs, rear battery, and components.

I was told to run a line of 1/0 from the front to the rear + batt terminal, and ground to the chassis of my car.

Fuse few inches from front + batt. terminal.

For the rear battery, do I fuse inches before the rear battery? How big of ANL fuses should I use, I will have 170 amp fuses in total from my amps, so maybe 200 ANL fuses will be good?

Then from the rear battery, ill be running some 1/0 gauge to a dsitro block and will give me 2, 4 gauge outputs that I will connect to my amps, (AQ 1200d, and Kenwood KAC-X40), should I look into fused distro blocks or are they unnecessary?

Lastly, is it okay to use the same ground point for my 2 amps, and battery, or should I choose a different location for the battery ground in the rear.

I know im asking alot, but this wiring is where it confuses me and I want to make sure I do it right so my car does not burn down, I was thinking of using some 1/0 gauge wire from weldingsupply.com its on sale right now, $1.65 for red 1/0 gauge wire i think ill be buying alot, noone has any problems do they with welding wire?

thanks

welding wire is fine as far as fuses you want to put wire rated fuses in so 300amp fuses would work. next to front and rear battery a fused distro is a good idea thats were you could put the fuses rated for the amps. use the same ground for everything.

okay so 300 ANL fuse for the front and rear battery, then get a fused distro with 200 ANL fuse?

200a for the front and rear would be fine... 300 isn't necessary...

Fused distribution block would be a good idea but not necessary...

You should have:

Front batt---fuse-------------fuse---rear batt-----fuse----amp

The onboard fuses in the amp count as the fuse before the amp.. it's not a bad idea to put a fused distro-block before the amps..

***Same ground point is good..