hey everyone, my first post on ssa, woot woot, As of now, I have a fi bl 15, hifonics 1208d (i know everyones facorite brand of amps) getting wire for the big 3 and a h/o alt. anyways i ended up with some more money and was wondering if i should trade my amp back and for 200 for what i payed, get a rockford power t10001bd. i have been reading up on Alphasonic and ive been getting mixed reviews on them. i could get one and then sell my hifonics and still have some cash left over. but people have been telling me that Alphasonic and Hifonics are very similar if not the same in terms of basicly about everything. Im new to this and it is my first real system that im having, Rockford seems to have a pretty good rep, but the Alphasonic looks soo damn good from the outside and a lot seem to like it. My guess is that you will say go for Rockford. I do have only 250 to spend right now and dont want to wait to sell my hifonics first bc its been long enough without my system in my car.

here are some pics from amp guts for both amps.

alphasonik -- http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Alphasonik_PMA1200-DA/

Rockford Fosgate--- http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Rockfo...Power_T10001bd/

Edited by loudmatt420

rockford is going to put out around 1200 rms at 1 ohm from what i hear thats the typicall output of the 1000-1bd

those amps have hugely different power outputs, how much power are you wanting to run on the BL? and is it loaded or stock?

i was actually looking at the alphasonic 800 which has 1650rms @1. they dont have it at amp guts so i posted the one closest to it. the bl has flatwind, cooling and daily

Edited by loudmatt420

I would personally lean towards the RF.

i actually like the alphasonik, i sell and install rockford at my work(bestbuy install) they are good amps but get hot. i have three alphasonik amps and are very happy. ive only used one and the other two are new still. if its a mono amp it's ok to run a one ohm. if it's a two channel alphasonik i would only run it at two ohms, minimum.

cant the BL take A LOT more then 1200? my ssd will take that...?

depends on options, box, etc

Edited by lithium

im with casedawg350 If that BL is just a basic it will proly take 1200 if its fully loaded it will handle 1600 with out breaking a sweat. I would go rockford, but even then ur still on the low side of things Ive got an elemental desings NINE.1 that only ran me 300 from the factory and im puttin down 1582 @ 1ohm and I ran it a half ohm for a couple weeks she took it with little heat and thats no company hype that was my own personal bench test.... i duno just a thought

hey everyone, so after what like almost a month it seems like this install is taking forever... busy, stupid car problems...etc... well i just bought a us amps md-2d and should be here next week, along with everything else i ordered this week. got a good deal and will sell my hifonics soon. the md-2d should put out a clean 1500 :) another problem was my box did not fit in my car. i thought that i could get it in, and after 3 hours of getting it in half way, nothing. lesson to me and everyone, next time double check to make sure what you think is just some plastic panels that can be taken out to make more room, ends up hiding some of your cars frame that cannot be taken out........

ps. where does everyone get their box carpet? i had felt on the box i was going to use but want something better. but still cheap..