AirFramerMack

New system sounds like crap. help

i did the same thing with my car the first time i installed everything.

i put the rca's in the the wrong rca jacks in the back of the radio. i put it in the front speakers instead of the sub output so check that.

your right it should be at voltage ac. i didnt notice in the pic...

i didnt notice it at first either but when i re watched it i stuck out like a sore thumb.

Ok so i think this box is too small. I was thinking about pulling them out and putting building a box for one 15. 4.0 with 60" of slot port, at 2ohm thats roughly 750-800rms of clean power to the sub(its only 300rms). I have a feeling that will do better then both of these

u could try some tricks like inverting the subs and doin external ports... and see if u can squeeze some extra cubes outa your space.

u could try some tricks like inverting the subs and doin external ports... and see if u can squeeze some extra cubes outa your space.

I would think with all the effort it would take to modify that box to make it better, he might as well build an ideal one from scratch

I would think with all the effort it would take to modify that box to make it better, he might as well build an ideal one from scratch

true. i doubt theres a way to get them 15s in there without going back to the drawing board, in respect to the box.

that is being done saturday. im going to cut the box apart piece by piece from the trunk, clean up my wiring a little and start over with the box and fire the subs/ports back or up

So, you had air leaks?

What i do to prevent that, for future reference-

While you are gluing pieces together, use Liquid Nails spread with your finger and go along all corners in the box. Let it sit for about 30 minutes then do the exact same thing with Silicone II. Make sure the silicone covers the Liquid Nails completely. On the outside of the box, I just use Silicone II.

Where the subs mount at, go to partsexpress.com and order speaker foam tape. It's a sealer to prevent air from coming out around the sub(s).

no i am firing the subs into the cabin and there was cancellation because of the gap around the speaker box, so i used spray foam, i found a few spots that are leaking but it made a HUGE difference

ohh yea for the price of these subs they are insane, i don't even know what really to compare then too. Now i am working on getting a car I can wall with 4 of these of a strapped pair of aq1200s

WOW. i read this whole thing. happy to see you finally got everything to work

glad u got it working, congrats