CadillacMatt

Multiple speakers

Hey all...

After a few months of running my ID comps off of a bridged 4CH amp (150wRMS) dialed down to about 100wRMS, I got a wild hair up my ass and decided to run them off of one channel each. The output was about the same but the clarity is so much better! My Q's are still drowning out the highs though so I'm looking into multiple speakers...

I have my 6.5"s in custom door pods, and the tweets in the sail panels. I was going to put two Kenwood 5.25"s that I have in the rear sails (run off HU), maybe purchase a set of 4" speakers for the upper front doors(run off HU), which would leave me with an extra two channels on the Infinity to slap onto another set of co-ax speakers but I'm debating on where to put them...

The dash is out of the question because of the airbag, I have some real estate on the knee bolsters but that would leave the speakers downfiring... and I spent quite a bit of time on the door pods so I wouldn't want to re-do them to accomodate another set of speakers... any of you guys running multiple speakers have any ideas?

Thanks!

Edited by CadillacMatt

matt. i have been thinking the same way.

when i went active it is louder. and clear. but its still not enough.

so i have asked around aswell.. and people have told me to run multi sets of coax.. not somthing im into as i try to make my inside some what factory looking to a point.

i thought about doing a custom Apiller with a 4 inch on each side. it may give more image and also bring it up closer... but i dont want it to be over powering so i though of running them on a added sundown 100.2 old.

many will hate this topic... but i am tuned in perhaps we can both find what we are looking for,.

so i have asked around aswell.. and people have told me to run multi sets of coax.. not somthing im into as i try to make my inside some what factory looking to a point.

i thought about doing a custom Apiller with a 4 inch on each side. it may give more image and also bring it up closer... but i dont want it to be over powering so i though of running them on a added sundown 100.2 old.

many will hate this topic... but i am tuned in perhaps we can both find what we are looking for,.

Jon we are so on the same wavelength I had though about glassing some custom pods in the A-Pillars as well... I'm not too sure how loud 4" speakers can get though, and if it might be too harsh blasting you right in the face you know? Unless you attenuated the volume

Oh and *correction above* my tweets are in the sails and not the a-pillars

Edited by CadillacMatt

What about some custom kick panels?

Kicks were my first option for the components, but my footwells don't really accomodate any sort of speakers down there...

BTW I stared at your avatar for a good long while lol

kicks are not an option for me...

i have 4 inch in my wrecker just above my head... they sound fine.

kicks are not an option for me...

i have 4 inch in my wrecker just above my head... they sound fine.

Like high up in the pillar?

over my head.

DSC00279.jpg

over my head.

DSC00279.jpg

Nice, that's custom right?

no thats a frightliner FL60

no thats a frightliner FL60

That might be a little harder to pull off in a sedan though, the roof being a little closer to the driver/passenger. Maybe if they were crossfired?

well what im sayin is that being close with low power it 4 inchers dont sound bad infront of you.

i thought of doing my low on the A arm

i thought of doing my low on the A arm

I might buy a set and then experiment with different locations on the A-pillar... unless you beat me to it :)

Oh BTW Jon I was thinking of cutting the back of my box and bonding in a Lexan window with some light inside... whattdya think?

well i do have a spare towncar with A pillers to spare.. i just dont have the hands:D maybe ill pay someone.

Oh BTW Jon I was thinking of cutting the back of my box and bonding in a Lexan window with some light inside... whattdya think?

do it.. have you seen my friends lac?

Nobody told you to run multiple sets of coaxials. If so you should ignore their help.

4's aren't your solution Matt.

The real question here is what are you lacking? Midbass, midrange, highs.

Play with some tones and describe what frequency ranges you want to boost. If you do that we can actually help. The idea of adding the mess of speakers you described will not be a good solution and may not help at all where you need it.

do it.. have you seen my friends lac?

No I haven't

Nobody told you to run multiple sets of coaxials. If so you should ignore their help.

4's aren't your solution Matt.

The real question here is what are you lacking? Midbass, midrange, highs.

Play with some tones and describe what frequency ranges you want to boost. If you do that we can actually help. The idea of adding the mess of speakers you described will not be a good solution and may not help at all where you need it.

Well the tonal quality of my components is excellent, but I need basically the entire frequency range to be louder. I need more volume. I don't necessarily care about closing my eyes and visualizing where such-and-such is playing a guitar on my dashboard, but I do care about clarity and tonal quality and faithfulness of reproduction, and right now my bass tends to drown out most of the mid-range frequencies on the louder songs.

Are you sure it is "all" the mids and highs? I severely doubt it is that encompassing. The more effort you put into describing your inadequacies the better the help that we can actually give.

If it is truly "all" then the 4's won't help for squat...