ChiTownTBird312

AQ 1200D and L7's

IMO it'd be a shame to buy L7's and only give them an AQ. Spend a little more and relax knowing that over time your amp will hold value and stay functioning.

I think we should sticky Shizzzon's build log. :P

I believe the only problem he had was strapping them. I don't know why everyone has to bring that thread up.

And if i'm correct he is running them now with no problems at all.

Everyone is basing their theory of they are pieces of shit by one thread/pictures.

Until they actually get a hold of one, i say it's a good product.

And I can say that seeing as I have personal experience with some AQ amps..

Not everyone is solely basing on Shizzon's experience, but it is an indication of build quality.

I have been reading a few posts about problems with these amps. I just bought one and am having problems aswell. Im only getting roughly 500rms@1ohm right now, i will update you if it gets better

It can happen to any amp.

And some amps more then others.

It can happen to any amp.

This is very true, I won't deny you that point. However, like bromo said, some amps tend to have this happen more than others...

There have been very very few failures with the AQ 1200d's. I would say that it is probably the most reliable 1200d on the market. I have personally torture tested that amp. I was never able to harm it. I got over rated power at every impedance level I tested it at. I wouldn't even consider buying any other 1200d, considering the performance level, dependability, and price of the AQ.

So I guess your calling the digital design amps garbage too, come on for the price they are great, good customer service, etc. Everytime i see Aq brought up, M5 always has to put it down, give it a chance lol not all of us can save up for 3 months and buy $600 sundown.

AQ amps look ALOT like Hifonics amps............... :ehh:

DD is a different animal altogether.

Actually no the AQ and the DD are built in the same build house. I have 4 DD m1a's in my garage at the moment. I used to have 8 of them. Great amps, but I never found any advantage to them over the AQ. The boards are nearly identicle. All my power and score tests were nearly identicle as well.

An amp is only as reliable as the person using it is smart. Any idiot can blow an amp, can they just be bad yes, but I as well have torture tested All AQ amps 1200 2200 3500 .25ohm STRAPPED, with the right rise these amps are bullet proof. AND WELL WORTH the price, built quality imho. But hell Jer what do we know, I have only tested about 12 or so AQ amps without single failure.

I have had my 1200d since last summer. Ran it for about 2 months on an icon 15 at 1 0hm. Decided to change subs and got an aq hdc3 15 dual 1 ohm and have been running the amp at 0.5 ohm ever since. Never had it go into protect or even get very hot at all. M5 bashes anything that isn't top of line. These amps are bulletproof in my experience. You won't be sorry at all about getting one.

what I find funny are those defending DD, when they are base off each other, and even shipped fromt he same warehouse, thats almost a no brainer.

I have had my 1200d since last summer. Ran it for about 2 months on an icon 15 at 1 0hm. Decided to change subs and got an aq hdc3 15 dual 1 ohm and have been running the amp at 0.5 ohm ever since. Never had it go into protect or even get very hot at all. M5 bashes anything that isn't top of line. These amps are bulletproof in my experience. You won't be sorry at all about getting one.

What's it putting out at .5ohms?

And thanks for all the opinions everybody

Ive never clamped it. The only thing I can tell you is it cane overpower the hdc3 easily without clipping at all.

I have been reading a few posts about problems with these amps. I just bought one and am having problems aswell. Im only getting roughly 500rms@1ohm right now, i will update you if it gets better

why dont some of you AQ fanboys help this guy out?

thread