Sign in to follow this  
atamanch

2002 VW Passat Alternator?

I'm planning on powering a sundown 2000d off a regular battery up front and a D3100 in back. Don't think my puny little 90Amp stock alt will survive for long with that load so...

Let me rephrase lol "makes one" for less than like 600$?

I emailed a representative at MechMan and they wanted me to ship out my current alt so they could clone the casing and make me a custom 200 amp one for 599$ because its a one off project?!

Any reasonable prices on these things?

Just start pricing all the other companies, has to be one under $600. Try Excessive Amperage, Mean green, Power master, you can even try knukonceptz alts lol.

I just ordered a 200 amp alt from Excessive Amperage. I know for you you have to tell us more like what kind of engine? Ill post how the alt is holding up whenever I get it installed (sometime next week)

what ive noticed foreign cars alternators are EXTREMELY expensive

though for my Chevy Lumina it's around 300 dollars or so for 250 amp alternator

sorry for the confusion :P

Edited by Julian

what ive noticed foreign cars alternators are EXTREMELY for my chevy lumina 250 amps its about 300 bucks.

Please right in complete sentences and try to make some sense so other people can gain knowledge from your post (dont just right jibberish).

what ive noticed foreign cars alternators are EXTREMELY expensive

though for my Chevy Lumina it's around 300 dollars or so for 250 amp alternator

sorry for the confusion :P

$300 for a 250A alternator, I hope its reliable (just sounds kinda cheap to put out that much power).

I got a 200 amp alt (from a friend on here) for 300 when it cost 400 originally. I think a good key is ~2$ for every amp the alt is designed to put out.

300 amp alt from Iraggi is 339.

so im pretty sure its a little less than that ;)

Also have you tried calling around local shops that rebuild alternators and make them more-beefier? i know of a place around here that does; but i think they went out of business not to long ago.

300 amp alt from Iraggi is 339.

so im pretty sure its a little less than that ;)

Also have you tried calling around local shops that rebuild alternators and make them more-beefier? i know of a place around here that does; but i think they went out of business not to long ago.

I will be purchasing 200A Alternator for my 2003 Saturn Ion for $422, so I dont think they will be less than that unless you want lesser quality. Rebuilding an alternator is not always a good thing neither unless they revamp it from head to toe (every single feature and not just some of them), a upgraded beefier factory alternator is not always the best option.