Sign in to follow this  
XxedgarxX

drop shackles + 10 hours = pain

well yesterday i spend most of the day on putting the shackles :suicide-santa: so after i finally install both of them

i see that im getting the 2" drop on one side and the other side is 1" or less.

Any of you guys have done this before ??? can some one help me oh and the truck is a chevy silverado 97.

well yesterday i spend most of the day on putting the shackles :suicide-santa: so after i finally install both of them

i see that im getting the 2" drop on one side and the other side is 1" or less.

Any of you guys have done this before ??? can some one help me oh and the truck is a chevy silverado 97.

10 hours for shackles? Really?

All you do is drop the leaf packs and then replace the shackles...

yes everyone said the same thing is so easy but when you have no idea how the leafs work it takes time lol

and i place them in the last hole and one side is dropping and the other not any thoughts of why this is happening?

What do your shackle angles look like?

the angle is 90*

and im trying to level the truck which normal work trucks lol have 6 inches in the back and 4 in front and im just trying to get it to level

You didn't answer whether or not it was leaning before, so I'm assuming you aren't sure. Have you called the manufacturer of the shackles to see if they could offer some help?

It really scares me that it took you 10 hrs. to put on shackles.

Could be chevy lean. Is it leaning towards the drivers side?

yes lower side is the driver side as you stated. is there any way to fix that?

well it rain every 10 minutes and i took them on and off like 5 times :angry22:

damn dude, shackles take like 15 mins if even.

gotta be the chevy lean though, if not, then maybe time to replace the shocks in back. my truck had a lean, its not a chevy, but after jumping up and down in the bed it sunk down. also didnt help i went up a incline and the shock just got stuck at a bad angle.

i drove the truck today and its still the same and i jump on it :lifter: and it didnt work lol

so at what angle should they be?

sounds like they are in a bind.did you do them one side at a time on a jack if so that might be the problem.i have a lift at home in my shop and when i do shackles for people i slide the bolts in and just snug them dont tighten the nuts all the way till i put it back down on the floor and bounce the rear 2-3 times then tighten them down tight while its sitting on the floor.hope that maybe this will help.ASE cert tech :fing34: