collegiate89

Sundown e8s

I'm helping my friend find some e8s and everywhere seems to be sold out, plus it looks like there's a rush for them on forums. What's the deal? Is there just a shortage in production? Update in design? On hiatus? I'm just afraid they're being discontinued.

They are being discontinued. Every e-mail I get about E8s is "How much power can they take?!?!" or "Can I put 600 watts on it?!?!" so I am working on a higher powered 8" to replace it.

More re-built units will be available from Mike Bruno around the time the SA-12s come in as I have more re-cones parts coming in with those.

I like the E8s the way they are. I have been looking for two more of them.

I like em too - but I have to give people what they want, more power!

I want higher sensitivity with same FS :D

Let me break the laws of physics real quick, BRB :gift:

I could do that but we would have a REALLY soft suspension and a very low Qts... not nearly the same low-end out of the driver and it would completely suck sealed.

Notice that it is ported ;)

Super low Qts.

Many people want to seal the E8 as well.

so keep the E-8 and offer a larger 8 for the power whores

I think the next step up 8" will be close enough to the E8 in cost that we won't need the E8.

It'll probably cost about 33% more and handle double the power thermally + have a cast frame.

I wanted 2-4 of the E8's for midbass and bass when the 15"s are not bumping.

Again... I could make one with a really high sensitivity - but it is not going to perform AT ALL sealed.

Try sealing that Focal sub - it won't like it.

Compare the E8 vs. a driver with a 6-8 dB higher sensitivity sealed and see which one has more output at 30 Hz in a sealed box :)

will the new e8's still be able to be sealed? and what are you looking at for power handling? i really want to put 4 of these in the wifes honda pilot. and when can we expect them?

will the new e8's still be able to be sealed? and what are you looking at for power handling? i really want to put 4 of these in the wifes honda pilot. and when can we expect them?

dude, have you been reading the thread at all?

I hate you sundown, now I want some new e8s.

IB has been done with them. Review posted on DIYMA.

Sweet, now i just need to find 1 of them with a D2 config. :ehh: