Christopher Cole

15" BTL power handling

Just how much power will the standard btl 15 handle? If i am going to put 4000 watts to it, do i need to add all the cooling option,excursion option, etc.?

What application, SPL burps, or a daily music sub?

SPL burps you don't need those things.

Daily music with 4000 watts - you will need cooling and more than likely the long coil. With 4000 watts, I easily get full excursion playing music, even with a subsonic filter.

Brian

ok, thanks for the reply. I am running 2000 watts now on 1 15" atomic, daily music. Thinking about upgrading and adding another 2000 watt amplifier to start competing again, and need a 15" sub that will hold up to competing and some every day use at 4000 watts. So if it will be played more than just at competions, you r saying i need the cooling option and longer coil right?

That is what I would do. A true 4000 watts is a lot of power on a 3" coil for an extended length of time.

With 4000 watts, I run out of excursion playing music before I have thermal issues. But I also have my SSF set fairly low.

Brian

Fi: >>> Tech >>> Speakers >>> Tech.BTL

Tech.BTL

The BTL line is our flagship woofer. Its whole design is based on and focused on being able to throw tons of power to something in a Bass Race or

Inner Heat Sink: Its a machined aluminum ring in the gap that lowers the voicecoils inductance (allowing it to play up higher and have a little better overall transient response). It also reduces the volume inside the magnet gap of the motor increasing air speed with the cooling as well as allowing the coil to kick off heat to a more receptive thermal mass rather than magnets. 

that came out after I bought mine. If I was buying again, I would get it. . .anything to get the heat out. I also always like when a sub can play higher and still sound good.

Just the info i was looking for. Thanks guys. Nice info big jay. I see you are from Benson NC, are you the Jay that ran creative acoustics?

Im Playing It Safe And Jus Gonna Throw 3500 At Mine :bow28:

Just the info i was looking for. Thanks guys. Nice info big jay. I see you are from Benson NC, are you the Jay that ran creative acoustics?

You aren't far from me :)

quote]

Do you do any competing? You know if there are many competitions around there or in Lynchburg or Roanoke?

Wait what? When did you move Nick?

I've never lived in Las Vegas lol :)

I used to compete years ago..got tired of it and retired.

your welcome 4 the info. no i'm not that jay that ran creative acoustice but i do know him

Hello, I'm planing on purchasing a BTL 15 or 18 depending on what I decide will fit best in the trunk of my 2001 Honda Accord coupe. I will be getting a Sundown 3500D to power it. I plan to get my BTL in the dual 2 ohm config so I can run it at 1 ohm. My question is about the Universal option, I most likely will be fine with the dual 2 ohm config for as long as I'm using the sub however I figured I'd go ahead and get the Universal option just in case. But then I read this: "If you do not choose this option your motor(s) will be optimized per the coil resistance that you have chosen." So with it being optimized for dual 2 ohm make it perform better than being universal?

Thanks.

Dual 2ohm is the Universal gap.

Thanks,

Nick

Thanks for the reply. So just to be clear if I was to order dual 1 ohm it would be optimized for dual 1 ohm only, but if I order dual 2 it will be optimized for 2 ohm but still accepts 1 ohm not optimized?