lonnyland

Soundstream granite 180.6 discussion

Hello folks My first time doing this so bare with me please. Now I have an old school ss granite 180.6 someone who actually knows these amps and what they can do lets talk ....

What are you trying to do? Sell it? Get info on it? What?

You didn't specify anything and if your trying to sell it that isn't allowed here.

Edit - this isn't even the place to talk about it, you posted this in Non-audio.

Edited by juslivin

no not selling trying to gain some insight to how I would like to proceed with design of my stereo But thanks for the heads up. I would like to find out what I can expect if I tri mode the amps sub channels with a pair of duel coil 4 ohm and bridge the third one being a duel 8 ohm. could this be done I kinda think thats why they made em like they did. But am clueless lol guess I wanna gab and find out more about this nice old school amp...

Just post this under the Amplifier and electrical section and im sure you can get some help. :D

I would like to speak to someone about this ss granite amp I recently acuired and find out if I can run two duel coil 4 ohm drivers and in the tri mode run a duel 8 ohm driver and expect what for wattage to them. this question will help decide as to what woofer to use with my old school low wattage amp.( under rated ) but still low wattage...

I would like to speak to someone about this ss granite amp I recently acuired and find out if I can run two duel coil 4 ohm drivers and in the tri mode run a duel 8 ohm driver and expect what for wattage to them. this question will help decide as to what woofer to use with my old school low wattage amp.( under rated ) but still low wattage...

When u run the amp in tri mode the final impedance for the speakers has to be 4ohm. with that being said the speakers impedance has to be dual 2 ohm, dual 8ohm, or single 4 ohm. also u dont want to mix impedances. it says it puts out 100 watts by 3 at 12v so u can expect a little more when ur voltage is higher. a good average is about 15% more power at 14.4

Oh and is this the right place to do this at too?

Yep this is the right place.

Merged.

Hello folks My first time doing this so bare with me please. Now I have an old school ss granite 180.6 someone who actually knows these amps and what they can do lets talk ....

I have a Graninte 180.6...owned it since 94. If you PM me your email, I'll sned you the owners manual. :fing34:

SDC11110.jpg

I had one of these in my Dad's car back in the mid 90s before it got stolen. Was a great little amp.

There was a Lil wonder5 on ebay.... :)