Sign in to follow this  
BuzzKillington

Single FI box

I've been trying to decide for weeks what i wanted to do for an audio set up. Im pretty sure i have it figured out. Im thinking about ordering it all today or tomorow, so i could use some fast help. Im getting the sundown 1000d and 1 12'' FI sub, i would go fifteen but i don't think i could fit it. I'm stuck between the FI ssd, or fi bl. I listen to mainly rap, and heavy metal(alot of double kicks and what not) so its a daily sub. I like boomy deep bass, i don't care so much about higher notes but the better one could hit them the better. I was also wanting to ask about enclosure suggestions, im not too worried about loosing all my space in the back, but if possible i want some room. If not at all, and you guys think i could fit a fifteen please tell. The vehicle is a 96 chevy s10. If anyone has done this with an s10 please post a picture. Ill go out and get the dimensions of it.

Don't forget the Q somewhere between the SSD and the BL. It is great for deep boomy bass in the right box.

There is also the AA Havoc. . .

Can you post up some maximum dimensions? I do not think a 15 would be a problem, but it woudl be easy to figure out with some dimensions.

Brian

my friend had a 10 ssd in his s10. it was beastie but if you can fit the bl id go with that.

the q would b nice to.

I was condiering the q, but then on this forum i've been reading a few bad things about them. Like the magnet cracking. Im lookin for a durable hard hittin sub that'll last long. Unless they were comping theirs. The ext cab is like length:35x width: 11(Comfy). If i were to build a base tho because i have an obnoxious hump back there i could make a wider box for sure.

haaa ^^^^ your going off something that happen a handfull of times if that .

4 Q's magnets have broken since they've been in production. Pretty small number IMO.

For your application, I would seriously recommend the Q, but even more I would recommend an Ascendant Audio Havoc. Absolutely amazing sub.

The Q and Havoc are very similar, and if the Q has BP, the power handling is very alike. The Havoc will be a tad bit louder and lower frequencies, but either sub will match your goals IMO.

ughh haha i just want a system im so tired of the research! Im pretty set on FI, im willing to put what ever options on it i need to to get it doin what i want it to thats not a problem. I did look at the havoc looks like a good sub but im so sick of going from sub to sub lol. So the qs what you guys are saying? Buh ill have to use a ported box so it has to be bigger right? I'd need to build the base. My friends urgin me on a bl. I was considering the q as the first fi sub, but then saw what i guess apeared to be alot more than what i thought of bad reviews my bad haha. I was however lookin at the sundown audio 1000d(the amp i want) plus a icon 12d sub? UGH!! hahaha

Edited by BuzzKillington

I think the Q is what you really want ;)

That or the Havoc or ICON lol. It's up to you, no matter matter what you'll be getting an amazing sub

Icons are quite the satisfactory sub. Ask anyone! :lol:

ughh haha i just want a system im so tired of the research! Im pretty set on FI, im willing to put what ever options on it i need to to get it doin what i want it to thats not a problem. I did look at the havoc looks like a good sub but im so sick of going from sub to sub lol. So the qs what you guys are saying? Buh ill have to use a ported box so it has to be bigger right? I'd need to build the base. My friends urgin me on a bl. I was considering the q as the first fi sub, but then saw what i guess apeared to be alot more than what i thought of bad reviews my bad haha. I was however lookin at the sundown audio 1000d(the amp i want) plus a icon 12d sub? UGH!! hahaha

Havoc vs Q

Ascendant Audio is owned by Fi, so they are basically the same company. No worries on quality there.

You could also do an Icon. I've heard nothing but good about them. I honestly cannot stack up a Q against an Icon, as I have never heard an Icon, but I have plenty of experience with the Q and Havoc. Good luck my friend. Believe me, the research is worth it.

i personally love my 18 q and btw with the bp power option the rated power handling is up at 1500wrms but you can safely push 2000 to them as i did without any problems. also i had mine in an 11 cube box tuned to 27 hz and was hitting low 140s on music. and weather u get the 12 or 15 you will be verry happy with it a friend of mine has a 12 q in a center consoul box thats 3 cubes tuned to 33hz and the thing is amazingly loud for its size and available power. he even gets a fair amount of door flex :)

I have a 10" icon and it really hits the low's nicely. A 12" would do even better. ;)

Edited by tech2332

i personally love my 18 q and btw with the bp power option the rated power handling is up at 1500wrms but you can safely push 2000 to them as i did without any problems. also i had mine in an 11 cube box tuned to 27 hz and was hitting low 140s on music. and weather u get the 12 or 15 you will be verry happy with it a friend of mine has a 12 q in a center consoul box thats 3 cubes tuned to 33hz and the thing is amazingly loud for its size and available power. he even gets a fair amount of door flex :)

So, you guys sold me on the q again, congrats! haha and with that change came with an amp change. I am now wanting to get the sae 1200d to run 1200 watts to it if the bp option really pushes it to 1500 watts. How does it sound in sealed boxes? If it sounds well i may just get a 15 and get a 2.5 cubic feet box. Could that fit in my truck?

So, you guys sold me on the q again, congrats! haha and with that change came with an amp change. I am now wanting to get the sae 1200d to run 1200 watts to it if the bp option really pushes it to 1500 watts. How does it sound in sealed boxes? If it sounds well i may just get a 15 and get a 2.5 cubic feet box. Could that fit in my truck?

Good choice my friend. My friend has two of the 15's and I must say that they will happily handle everything we have given them.

What are your max dimensions? All three sides please...

PS - I know nothing about how sealed sounds :D

Good choice my friend. My friend has two of the 15's and I must say that they will happily handle everything we have given them.

What are your max dimensions? All three sides please...

PS - I know nothing about how sealed sounds :D

The max length is 40 inches, i'd like to save a few if im only gonna have one sub. The width is about 12, but if i made a bass it could be wider. The height doesn't matter much i just don't want it like going all the way up to my rear windows. Should i get a 15 instead of a 12? Like if i get sick of bumping could the 15 handle low music, my friend was telling me something like it wouldn't beable to hit the low lows or something i don't know. I just want the best bang for my buck you guys know! In the near future i plan on putting another q in, so with that in mind do you think two fifteens could fit in my truck haha..

Okay guys, im actually going with the BL, its been a tough one but its the one that i think will fit my needs. Im getting a 12. Which options should i get for it to be a daily driven machine. Also, i found out one of my friends dad can make me a box so if you guys could help with a box idea? Also, how should i face the subs since they'll be right behind my seat? Up or facing the back?

Sign in to follow this