Sign in to follow this  
fuel

15 inch SSD Sealed (will it work)

on the fi site under 15 they dont give a sealed box size. do these subs worked in sealed enclosures? i'd like to get a FI rep to give a recomended box size

itd be just about the same as the 15 q

thx for a quick reply. i'm thinking 2.5-3 cubes per sub..trying to figure out if i'd benifit by giving my enclosure more breathing room thus me going 2.5 cubers per.

on the fi site under 15 they dont give a sealed box size. do these subs worked in sealed enclosures? i'd like to get a FI rep to give a recomended box size

That is weird. I checked both the Fi Forum and Website but it's not available. A rep from Fi can probably tell you what is recommended.

Yes you can put them in a sealed box, but I would go closer to 3 cub per sub.

2 cubes per sub works fine from experience...

After that i'm unsure, the parameters don't really yield the sealed box woofer so that is why we do not recommend it.

Thanks!

Nick

As Nick mentioned... 2 cuft after driver with the copper coils works well. Slightly larger enclosures are needed with the standard coils... 2.5-3 depending on the power you have.

thanks,

Scott

thx guys .i was gonna put 800 rms on each sub. was thkinking between 2.5 - 3 cubes per sealed. trying to hit that sweet spot of 25-30 hz without totally sacrificing 40-50 hz.. I'll do a little more research. Sounds like this may not work with that much power in that size box. i was gonna be using standard coils. anybody wanna take a guess on whether or not i should ditch that particular sub for sealed? sounds like a guessing game in terms of output. I guess a stock Q would work however i didnt really wanna do a 2000 watt setup.

thx guys .i was gonna put 800 rms on each sub. was thkinking between 2.5 - 3 cubes per sealed. trying to hit that sweet spot of 25-30 hz without totally sacrificing 40-50 hz.. I'll do a little more research. Sounds like this may not work with that much power in that size box. i was gonna be using standard coils. anybody wanna take a guess on whether or not i should ditch that particular sub for sealed? sounds like a guessing game in terms of output. I guess a stock Q would work however i didnt really wanna do a 2000 watt setup.

The Q is 1000w RMS with no options.

i was gonna put 800 rms on each sub. I guess a stock Q would work however i didnt really wanna do a 2000 watt setup.

i'm doin 2 subs..

i was gonna put 800 rms on each sub. I guess a stock Q would work however i didnt really wanna do a 2000 watt setup.

sorry, but i meant 2 stock Q subs. if i can do an inexpensive electical upgrade without getting out of hand i could see myself doing 2. i think my stock alt is 120 amp..i currently have around 900 rms watts with 3 old school 2 channell punch amps and about 4 gauge wire. it is too little as is wit that setup so i know i'll need to upgrade to make it happen

Sign in to follow this