Sign in to follow this  
bigrank916

Which amp do u like better?

I just bought an 18" BTL daily driver fully loaded. The question is which amp should I buy to power this beast?

I lookin at the RF T20001bd or the Sundowner 1500d. I know the RF might make more power(2000vs1500) but the sundowner is just a little more expensive. Can anyone tell me about their experience with this brand? (sundowner) I never heard of them before but I hear they are excellent. Please leave a little feedback on what you like and why. I want to slam hella hard for my weekend cruiser(91 Silverado) as I already have a commuter car with 2 15's. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks guys.

I will upgrade soon before I put anything in. Yes I meant sundown audio the saz1500d I believe. I will be putting this together over the next few months so I'm not rushing anything.

sundown= very strong amps the best CSR i have ever delt with..buy once buy right......

but also i would get the saz 3000d and have some head room....

How do u compare the rf to the saz1500d bigjon? Don't u think the 3000 might be too much? I don't think I will have more than 1 18 but u never know. Plus I'm having trouble finding a h/o alt. Got any ideas for that bigjon? Thank u guys for the input and keep it coming.

sundown hands down imo.

you said 18 inch BTL right??? nah a saz 3000d is fine for that.. just watch the gains and your volume knob!

what kinda car or truck do you have.

it will be going into a 91 silverado w/o the back seat. I will have the box custom built.

Also what companies do u recommend for h/o alternators? I guess another batt would be in order with the saz3000d. Should I go with a kinetic or something like powermasters?

I just saw the saz2000d is cheaper than the 1500. Is that cause of the preorder sale? Why would they do that and how much time do I have before the price goes up?

once the sale ends the price goes up... read the topic...

ill list come alt companys when i get back..... unless someone else beats me to it

The 2000D is a good idea since it is on pre-order. ;)

Also what companies do u recommend for h/o alternators? I guess another batt would be in order with the saz3000d. Should I go with a kinetic or something like powermasters?

Kinetic is expensive but good, anything like kinetic, powermaster xs, deka, optima, stinger etc.. your pick for the price...

Sundown makes badass amps and yet the RF BD amps are badass as well.. Out of those 2 depending on your budget I'd probably get the cheaper amp because both of those are HIGH quality amps so you cannot loose.

I did buy a sae-1200D and happy with the price/purchase.

Edited by jrm22

The 2000D is a good idea since it is on pre-order. ;)

In fact, it is a tony-the-tiger---frosties.jpg idea.

haha I don't know why that idea just popped into my head.

Well last night I bought the saz 2000d on presale and I feel really good about that purchase. I couldnt find the 3000d but I read some other posts and saw that it was sold out or something. It isnt even on the ssa site to buy. I guess its time now to get the specs to my guy at the local shop and see what he can quote me for a box. Thanks for all the info guys.

i think you'll be very happy with the performance of your sundown, but the real treat is the personal support and service you get with sundown amps. that 2k is a beast! enjoy! :fing34:

The 3000D is out of production, it is being replaced by the larger 3500D.

i enjoy it when people make the correct choices on products. nice system all you need is an sax 100.4

Now Im thinking of upgrading to the saz3500d on presale. I know bigjon said to look at the topic to see when the presale ends but couldnt find what he meant. Does anyone know where to find this info? It is only $385 extra on top of the saz2000d so it sounds like a good value. Plus its a monster amp and Ill have a lot of headroom. Maybe enough for another BTL down the line.

Now Im thinking of upgrading to the saz3500d on presale. I know bigjon said to look at the topic to see when the presale ends but couldnt find what he meant. Does anyone know where to find this info? It is only $385 extra on top of the saz2000d so it sounds like a good value. Plus its a monster amp and Ill have a lot of headroom. Maybe enough for another BTL down the line.

send jacob an email or call and and have him change it for you remember great customer service

Well, I'm About To Get A SAZ-3KD From dB-r And Use It Full Tilt Daily On My BTL 18". (I Did This Before With An Old Three Slug Version, No Problems.) BTL's Can Handle Way More Than Just 2000-2500 Watts RMS. I Think The Actual Output Of Mine Might Be Around 3400-3500 Watts RMS With My Electrical.