MattB

RL-p 12 en route..amp suggestions?

i can beat it but i dont want to give away my special price ;)

Not sure if it's true but I heard some rumors that the memphis mc1000d was overrated. I dont know if its true but even if it is, it doesnt really matter in your case.

ummm..no. they are rated like 1100wrms @ 13.8 volts or something...

at 14.4 they do something like 12-1250wrms...adn if u bench one, it'll do those numbers and probably a bit more. my last st1000d benched in the neighborhood of 1300wrms at 14 volts.

whomever told u that is wrong and knows nothing..lol....unless he/she has got the paperwork to back it up.

memphis is definitely one of the best mainstreme amp brands on the market, period.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

matt if your curious about other options, a Kicker KX 600.1 or Orion 600D or MTX 851D would all do the sub very well and be well inside the power ranges Mike just listed

Cool, thanks. I was looking at that MTX, read some good reviews on that. back in the day, I used to run the orion stuff, but I think with my size limitations, those might be too big. Hopefully have a decsion by this weekend.

On another note, I took some time off work today, and went to 4 diff. stereo shops around here. What a dissapointment....I guess I'll be internet ordering.

I did see an Orion 600D on SD for sale NIB 200 I believe, worth a look

hmm. I looked, was it in the classifieds, or the main site..musta missed it..

here is a kicker in there >> KX 600.1

here is the Orion I am reffereing to >>

600D :gift:

Not sure if it's true but I heard some rumors that the memphis mc1000d was overrated. I dont know if its true but even if it is, it doesnt really matter in your case.

ummm..no. they are rated like 1100wrms @ 13.8 volts or something...

at 14.4 they do something like 12-1250wrms...adn if u bench one, it'll do those numbers and probably a bit more. my last st1000d benched in the neighborhood of 1300wrms at 14 volts.

whomever told u that is wrong and knows nothing..lol....unless he/she has got the paperwork to back it up.

memphis is definitely one of the best mainstreme amp brands on the market, period.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

good to hear. I was hoping it wasn't true because I relly like memphis stuff. I almost got the mc1000d a few months back but went with the nine.1 instead.

ok, one more opinion poll here..looking at the memphis mch1300 (i know, way out of my original price range)..but, this amp is LONG,which means I would have to offset my sub to one side, making things "un-symmetrical" (sp) in the back end.

SO:

1. screw the looks, get the one amp to run everything..

2. looks matter, make both sides even looking..get 2 amps..

3. that rl-p will make my passenger rear sit lower than the driver side...dont do it.

I'm still watching a few aucitons on the 1000d too..what I dont know is what is a good $ for a good used one? I dont even know what they retailed for, since there is not a memphis dealer within 100 miles of me..

Memphis belles are PIAMP !

totally the sweetest 5ch amp ever

I think the MC1100D's usually go for around $200+

cool, thanks..back to watching auctions..  :)  oh the joy..

yeah, eclipse amps are ok..but i'd stick with the memphis..especially the belle!

not dogging eclipse, but i think the memphis is better..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I think the pair of memphis would be the trick and get the 1k watt Silver Memphis to power the RL-p :)

There is a st500d memphis on ebay, ends tomorrow, current $ is about $150. I dont find any spec sheets online for it though. The auction says it is 500x1 @ 2, but, sometimes you get bad info in the descriptions. Is it truely a 500x1 @ 2?

There is a st500d memphis on ebay, ends tomorrow, current $ is about $150.  I dont find any spec sheets online for it though. The auction says it is 500x1 @ 2, but, sometimes you get bad info in the descriptions.  Is it truely a 500x1 @ 2?

lol..yeah. probably a lil more...

for $150, that's a pretty sweet buy..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

cool, I'll keep a watch on that, and a few others. I did manage to pick up a new in box 16mc-2004 for $150. Hopefully that will do alright for my misc. other spkrs.

..getting closer.. :)

cool, I'll keep a watch on that, and a few others.  I did manage to pick up a new in box 16mc-2004 for $150.  Hopefully that will do alright for my misc. other spkrs.

..getting closer..  :)

teh 2004 are nice amps!! btw..teh mc is black chrome and the st is silver chrome..dunno if that matters, but if u are going for same look type stuff, u'll have to try to get an mc500d, 1000d ..whichever..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: