Sign in to follow this  
Sir-Lancelot

Review of 15" XCONS

I have been waiting on posting this until I can hook up with my brother and use his digicam to try and get a nice video, but that does not look like it is going to happen this week, so here goes............ I will update with a video when I can.

First off:

I want to say thank you to everyone at SSA for answering all my questions and for the good advice. I have read a ton and have learned a lot. Still have a long way to go, but I am happy to be a member of an adult car audio forum with intelligent people giving good advice.

A big thank you to Mark and the moderators. Keep up the good work guys.

What I have:

I have them in a kerf ported box 7cf tuned to about 33-34 built for me by Quentin at Audible Customs and I have 2 of the older 03/04 Rockford Fosgate Power 1000.1bd's on each woofer. The birthsheets say they are sending 1081 and 1113 to each. I have them crossed over right now at 80, but I am still feeling that out and may be going a little lower soon. Also just bought me a Crunch GP3000D that I am going to hook up and see what it can do. I think it will be a good power match up with the xcons, but not too sure about the reliability of the Crunch amps. Only one way to know for sure, but I wont be selling the Fosgates anytime soon. :fing34:

My XCON impression:

To be very honest, these could be the best sounding woofers I have ever heard. They get hella loud, but what really is turning me on is how tight and accurate they are. I listen to mostly rock, both new and classic and for a pair of ported 15" woofers they are very fast and keep up in a good way. The bass is very punchy and you feel every note in your gut. Lovin it. :wacky: I have been playing a lot more Rap and R&B than I usually do mostly just showing off, and the XCONS will THROW DOWN. They will get low and hit nasty hard. Like I have chit falling off the headliner of the Yukon loud. :Doh:

Conclusion:

I wanted a subwoofer that would play a wide variety of music, get loud as hell when I wanted it to, and sound good while keeping up with my tastes. I did not want to make compromises and adjust my needs and music taste around a speaker and with the XCONS I don't have to. This an accurate and very musical subwoofer that will take a lot of power and get loud as hell without breaking a sweat and it is exactly what I had in mind when I was planning my system. They keep up with everything I throw at them and I do not have to make compromises. That is a good thing. Would I buy them again tomorrow? Does a hobby horse have a wooden dong? YES!!! If your on the fence, go buy you some XCONS, port your box, and tune low, you will not be disappointed. The SSA crew have done their homework and they have a quality product that is made in the USA. Good Stuff!!

dscf1960t.jpg

dscf1959f.jpg

Edited by Sir-Lancelot

I honestly think this is going to be my next woofer. Congrats on your purchase!

Thanks for the great review. :) :)

good reveiw.................I should have my Quad 15" Xcons going by next weekend :D

Your box looks great, but not so big for 2 15" Xcon. I love it !!!

What kind of car do you have ?