Bogdan OCC

Box for Fi Q15

Hy, I need help with my new box, as the topic title says.

My car is a Mazda3 hatchback; the sub-amplifier is USAmps XT4000.1 (on it`s box it says "CEA" :puzzled:), I don`t know if my version is overrated or will provide 1500W@1ohm.

I want my Fi to play loud, and as low as hell :lildevil:. I`m thinking at a box tuned at 28-30hz.

Can anyone help me with a project? I`ll measure my trunk and i`ll post here the max. possible lengths for the box.

PS: I`m gonna use the stock HU with a MTX Re-Q sound procesor...

Edited by Bogdan OCC

$10 says you don't really want it low, but would rather have it loud. They are trade-offs and mutually exclusive. The more output you want the less low it will play.

Personally I'd doubt you listen to music with true lows in it anyways.

OK, then please, someone give me the details of a nice box for this speaker.

IYO should I tune it to 32, or what?

I like 30 hz. You can always shorten the port to raise the tune after it's built if you don't like it.

Again, it depends do you want Loud or Low. Pick 1. If it is Low you pick you should outline what you listen to as it will GREATLY change the definition.

I want to build a box that will flex my car, just4fun; it`ll play Put on, white girl, bets4myvan etc.

I`ll keep it for a month or two, after that i`ll start to listen to music like jazz, jean michel jarre etc; so i`ll cut the port or i`ll build a closed enclosure.

I don`t really know if I want it low or loud, but I certenly know that I dont like high loud bass.

Edited by Bogdan OCC

You need two completely different boxes then. One small and sealed and one large and ported and tuned higher than 32hz.

I'm running 6 Fi Q 15's in a 6th order bandpass and I have the best of both worlds.. Low and loud. Saying you cant have it low and loud is a condesending pretext.

Bass Raced a 155.9 at 35hz also did a 152 at 29hz with driver door open and mic in the kick just playing around. As everyone knows a meter doesn't necassarily incorprate how "loud" your setup is i.e.; pressure is felt not heard. I know guys that can burp a 160 at 53-62hz but it sounds nothing impressive when playing music.

You could also try running the specs through a setup for a 4th order as the lower you go the woofer will rely on the box for its suspension below 25hz.

Edited by Thumper

UP; does anyone have an enclosure project made by Scott for this speaker?

I know that a few guys on this forum have the 30hz tuned enclosure designed by Scott; I want to try it too, so please, post it here, or email it at bogdanocc@yahoo.com

Bump, anybody, please? I want the dimensions of the box designed by Scott @30Hz.

Thanks!