Bogdan OCC

XT4000.1D: CEA rated power?

Hy, on my XT4000 box it says CEA, is it CEA rated? It is an US Amps, not the new RE Audio XT4000.1.

I want the CEA ratings for this amp please.

Your questions should be whether it does power, CEA ratings are nearly useless.

I talked to my US Amps dealer and he told me that I have the second version of USAmpsXT4000, and this one really does 1500@1ohm.

Is that true, there were two versions for this amp?

PS: No, I don`t have the RE XT4000.1V2, i have this one: link

I think it's pretty safe that that amp does rated power. Why are you so concerned anyways? From your other thread, you're putting this 1500 watt amp on a 1000 watt RMS sub, so even if it's overrated by 1/3, you're still giving the sub maximum power.

Well, because I want to be sure that my Fi gets 1000w before the amp starts clipping. Am I mad? :lol:

Well, because I want to be sure that my Fi gets 1000w before the amp starts clipping. Am I mad? :lol:

Yes, because there is no such thing as underpowering a speaker.

And you cannot hear the difference between 800w and 1000w anyways.

But all of that is irrelevant, because the amp is likely not overrated, especially by 500-700 watts. US Amps is not your Mobile Authority/Power Acoustik/Pyramid type stuff.

Thanks for your feedback, I feel much better now, being mad though.

I don`t want to start a new topic, so I`ll post here: does someone know for sure if there is a difference between

US Amps XT4000.1 and RE Audio XT4000.1V2.

The new RE A. XT4000V2 is Class DE, the US is Class D. Can someone explain me the differences between classes and these two amplifiers?

US Amps

RE Audio

i don't know exactly but i'm pretty sure they are pretty similar. i don't think the v2 is completely new just remodeled if that makes sense

Yes you are right, but it`s class D vs class DE, so wtf is class DE; couldn`t find any info on google.

Is there a US Amps representative here?

so wtf is class DE

A marketing gimmick.

Yes you are right, but it`s class D vs class DE, so wtf is class DE; couldn`t find any info on google.

Is there a US Amps representative here?

um maybe... im not sure how often greg checks the forums... hes on so many.

EIther way from seeing them both at ces this year and last year and watching my boss talk shit to the designer (not in a bad way) they sound very very similar. I cant really say they are the exact same amp because i wouldnt know but i dont think very many changes were made. a few but i dont think anything crazy

Thanks! I`ve asked you so many questions because I wanted to trade my US XT for a RE XT....

it looks better imo so if it was a straight trade i would do it. but if ur paying for it just realize ur probably not going to notice a difference other then the visual cover

If my dealer accepts, I`d probably pay another 100$ for that.

Thanks! I`ve asked you so many questions because I wanted to trade my US XT for a RE XT....

I wouldn't pay any extra to do so and also wouldn't expect you to hear any difference.

OK guys, thx a lot, sorry for being such a noob! :D

i wouldn't do it. they are probably nearly identical inside, i mean the 2 companies share a website

they are one company and both amps are designed by the same guy

You were right, Greg answered me; the main differences are: upgraded input and improved muting.

Thanks!

hello, about the XT 4000D, yes there are two versions of this amp, not including the new RE XTv2.

Outside is seems the same, just a litle differences at the finish. But inside it is better and also has dirk's signature and writes USA.

Also I saw a difference 1,1 db louder that the old XT4000D, you may not hear it but I'm sure that in some frequences you will..

very nice amp

We became a US dealer 2 years ago and started with the us amps xt. They are now the RE version. I think the RE version looks better. It is shorter which means it goes under seats better. When we first started selling them the first thing I noticed was the fuse ratings, I figured being entry level they would most likely do about half what rated. I was wrong. They seem to put out close to rated power and are pretty clean doing it. The new version are more efficient on the input. I think they upped the fuse size on the 4000 but I can be 100% sure. Overall most of my customers have been very happy with them. We sell quite a few and so far have only had to send three back. We also sell Zapco, Kicker, Alpine, Planet and soon to be Treo. The XTs are as good as or better than the zapco I-force. They have plenty of balls are cheap and reliable.