Sign in to follow this  
pear_b

Subwoofer Setting on HU?

Just need someone to explain to me what the subwoofer setting does, currently I have it at -10. It sounds really nice at that setting, when I turn it up to 0 or +1..2..3 etc, the bass feels more jumpier and not as nice, what does this setting do, and what should it be set at?

Just need someone to explain to me what the subwoofer setting does, currently I have it at -10. It sounds really nice at that setting, when I turn it up to 0 or +1..2..3 etc, the bass feels more jumpier and not as nice, what does this setting do, and what should it be set at?

Be more specific.... what setting. Im sure the setting is not called "subwoofer".

Is it bass boost? Bass?

not bass boost, its a pioneer headunit, its under the SW button, you press it once and oyu have the option of turning the sub on/off/reverse, then you scroll it to the left and you get the settings, like +20 all the way down to like -20. I have it at -10 right now, I have no idea what it does but its def. not bass boost,

can someone explain, ttt

Which HU?

I have a pioneer DEH-4100 and i don't think mine has that. I know it has the on/off/rev though.

it should I have the deh-6000 ub , I know this standard on alot, im sure you have seen this setting before on your Hu. unless youve kept it at 0, let me know!

I have the Pioneer Deh-P5000ub and I have that too. I consider it like a bass knob on the HU. So I would either leave it at 0 or set it at highest possible and tune your gain settings so you won't be clipping.

so it is bass knob or you unsure? When I turn it up it doesnt sound good at all,

What level did you have it when you set the amp gain settings?

For example, on mine I have it set at 0 and my gain set a little less than half.(Does not mean your amp gain should be the same)

But when I set the HU Output on max I would have to turn down the gain so it could be leveled out.

Edit: Which is why when you turn up the bass control on the HU it sounds bad.

Edited by tech2332

alright I will then

i would just leave it there at -10 it's like a sub woofer level control if it sounds good there. amp should be set so it not clipping if it gain controlled any ways. your sending the sub into clipping the higher you turn it you more then likely got the amp set on a number like 5 volts for the hu output. and that as high as it will go on that type of setting.

i would just leave it there at -10 it's like a sub woofer level control if it sounds good there. amp should be set so it not clipping if it gain controlled any ways. your sending the sub into clipping the higher you turn it you more then likely got the amp set on a number like 5 volts for the hu output. and that as high as it will go on that type of setting.

if it was set on -10 when you set everything on ur amp then its fine.

but if you put it on -10 after u set ur amps settings it could cause it to start clipping.

when you set ur gain and all that your suppose to have the settings on ur radio how you want them.

make sure you dont change them after you set everything on ur amp.

if it was set on -10 when you set everything on ur amp then its fine.

but if you put it on -10 after u set ur amps settings it could cause it to start clipping.

when you set ur gain and all that your suppose to have the settings on ur radio how you want them.

make sure you dont change them after you set everything on ur amp.

thumbs up !!!