chris4490

Future buyer of Fi BL Looking for input.

Im looking at buying a BL 12. With the dual 1 ohm, hyperpole, flatwind, and universal poles.

I'll be using it as a daily driver with a TMA amp (made by JL) that runs 1000 watts at 1 ohm.

I have a custom made fiberglass box thats roughly 2 cubic feet and the ports can be adjusted by the addition to more 2.5" PVC on the inside of the box. Right now it is sealed off, but I can remove the seals since they reccomend ported.

Any input on a set up like this? Any more input about port legnths than the webpage.

Is Fi good about starting the project quickly? I understand that they're a small company and dont have time to directly respond to everyone, but I have other components already in the mail to swap out some stuff in my car and I'm looking to replace my JL sub.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Nick and Scott are very good to deal with. :fing34:

Erm, Might Wanna Get Dual 2.

You Won't Be Dissapointed.

Yea, I've heard that, I dropped them an email. I'm looking forward to giving Fi a shot. I talked them up at work today. Whenever they get back to me on some specifics I'll be a BL owner for sure. I cant wait to give some extra ummmmph to my car.

I'd Also Spring For The Cooling Option. And Refer To My Last Post.

Yea, I've heard that, I dropped them an email. I'm looking forward to giving Fi a shot. I talked them up at work today. Whenever they get back to me on some specifics I'll be a BL owner for sure. I cant wait to give some extra ummmmph to my car.

They have always been good to me.

Don't believe I have an email from you regarding a BL?

Are you sure you emailed me and put a subject line in the email?

Thanks!

Nick

you need to get a dual 2 ohm for your amp if you want 1000 watts outa it.

Don't believe I have an email from you regarding a BL?

Are you sure you emailed me and put a subject line in the email?

Thanks!

Nick

Nick,

I emailed the "sales@fi" account with BL 12 in the subject line? I got an auto response.

Basically I'm just looking for advise on how to port it once I receive it? "I have a Chrysler Crossfire with a custom built fiberglass box. It has ports that can be closed or opened. The ports can be adjusted in length as well with the addition of more 2.5 inch pvc. The box is roughly 2 cubic feet."

I was thinking about getting it with the dual 1 ohm. I have an amp that will run 1000 at 1 ohm. Should I go with dual 2 instead? I was planning on getting it with the hyperpole and flatwind upgrade to, and could possibly be persuaded into getting the cooling feature as well.

I have heard a lot about you guys and am excited to work with you.

I'm open to suggestions, I just want to make an educated decision based on the parameters of the box and shape of the car.

And purchasing right off the Fi website is the way to go correct?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2633748

Thanks again,

Chris

Yes, You Need Dual 2 In Order To Wire To A 1 Ohm Load. I Think The Hyperpole Is Included In The Cooling, But I Could Be Wrong.

You Really Should Get Cooling, It'll Help In The Long Run.

You might have to resend your e-mail to nick@ficaraudio.com

I would go with a better quality amp if you're goin with a quality sub. Have heard those amps are terrible.

This one isnt too bad from the year I've had it its been decently reliable. I have looked at a sundown 1200 or 1500.

actually im looking at an sae-1200D on ebay. idk much about them sundown though.

No Better Amp For The Dollar, No Better Customer Service PERIOD.

They Are Extremely Underrated.

nice car. drop it a little lower and it will be even better. thats all i have to say.