shizzzon

How to easily seal a wall?

snoopdan uses pink panther insulation to seal around his box so it acts like a wall in his cherokee.

I just got done building my box in my scion tc with 4 15s and i need to seal around it so it can act like a wall.

I was gonna use pink panther but have 2nd thoughts because it states that it's purely a thermal barrier, not acoustic barrier.

Is there any methods u guys use or can persuade me with facts as to continue to go with pink panther insulation or is there a better method?

approx 53" wide x 4" tall on top, and both sides consisting of approx 6" wide x 34" tall.

I was told by someone else to create a barrier and fill it in with expanding foam...

Well, i'd like to create a wall of foam, not fill the entire void because each side has a void of about 3.2 cuft and i don't like the idea of filling the entire void on each side with that much foam.

i used foam for my wall. took several cans. it doesnt have to completely fill the front to back to adequately seal it up. it expands a decent amount. and is very solid. i think i had about 6" deep around the sides, and maybe 3-4" on the top. much smaller space to fill.

i will say this tho. i will never foam a daily driver like that again. it wasnt in there long, and it was a B***H to take out. chunks everywhere, lil foamies everywhere, and some of it is still stuck on the sides of my car and a little on the headliner.

this is my daily driver but i'm not spraying it directly onto the car.

I'm wrapping the entire area in fabric. I will then create a boundary with cardboard. Small sections that i cannot create a boundary for, the fabric will catch it.

After i create the boundary, i just spray and fill.

If it's supposed to be a wall then your baffle should be as close to the ceiling and sides as possible, then use the spray foam to fill any gaps.

how much extra cabin gain should i expect to see once the wall is sealed on average?

When i had my 2 12s in the rear facing forward and ported to the side, i had a 21db cabin gain.

Now, with this box, non sealed.. amp's not gain matched yet and no car mods to help the score, i am getting a 10.6db cabin gain right now.

Just curious how much i should expect.