Aruman

How do the IXL 12 compares...?

Yes I've search around for comparison of the Mach 5 Audio IXL 12" with other subs, but with not much luck.

So I was wondering people who have experience with this driver how does it compares with the RE Audio SE's, the FI Q and the FI SSD in Loudness in sealed enclosure of 1ft^3

I know they have awesome SQ, can they handle much more than they rated 1000wrms daily?

For a loud daily driver with multiple of subs like 20+ in a sealed enclosure, which one of the above will you choose?

it has to be loud sealed because a bunch of them, good sq and good power handling.

Do you guys think it's a good idea to go with 24x of the IXL 12" sealed diamond or clamshell enclosure?

Anyways thanks,

Aruman.

It will definately be a different setup to see :D

I wouldn't hesitate to buy them for that purpose

As for which layout, that is very dependent on the space allowed by the vehicle. Clamshell might be easier to build.

Thanks guys,

Denim , I think more on the Diamond compared the Clamshell, something similar to Pipo, Tommy KOB or Steve Cotton, it doesn't have and won't be as loud as them that's not my goal and I don't have the knowledge they have, where I'm from even If I do a shitty install (which I won't do) I'll still be way louder than the others, using this amount of subs.

Car will be a 1997 Chevrolet S-10 single cab with an truck cap.

Amps: Sundown Audio.

It's a big build, so that's why I'm taking my time looking around for the best subs for this purpose.

And how they do on the meter?

Anyways thanks,

Aruman.

Thanks guys,

Denim , I think more on the Diamond compared the Clamshell, something similar to Pipo, Tommy KOB or Steve Cotton, it doesn't have and won't be as loud as them that's not my goal and I don't have the knowledge they have, where I'm from even If I do a shitty install (which I won't do) I'll still be way louder than the others, using this amount of subs.

Car will be a 1997 Chevrolet S-10 single cab with an truck cap.

Amps: Sundown Audio.

It's a big build, so that's why I'm taking my time looking around for the best subs for this purpose.

And how they do on the meter?

Anyways thanks,

Aruman.

Well my pair hit 143db on the termlab with 1200rms between them.

I've put 1200-1400rms on one ported IXL before and as long as you know what you are doing it shouldnt be a problem.

Thanks guys, so how you guys compare the IXL with the Subs above?

I am pretty sure no one has compared those exact drivers in 1cuft.

I will tell you that in a bit more space (1.25) the IXl would take more than I had to throw at it with the 1000.1 even when way clipped. Beast of a sub, but sounds great being beastly.

I am pretty sure no one has compared those exact drivers in 1cuft.

I will tell you that in a bit more space (1.25) the IXl would take more than I had to throw at it with the 1000.1 even when way clipped. Beast of a sub, but sounds great being beastly.

So they are not only SQ woofers they have the ability to get loud

maybe like the FI SSD or is the SSD still louder?

I dont know if linking to another forum is frowned upon here or not but I'll link to it anyways.

There is a fellow on Canadiancaraudio.com that was mentioning he changed from 2 12' SSD's to a single 15" IXL and here is the link,

Canadiancaraudio.com

Man, is that site ever a shit fest. Nothing but garbage ads everywhere.

Thanks for posting the link Sean, there have been very few who have used the 15 in a car environment.

Best,

m

I am not a member there, but I do not like the set up at all.