Estsound

Sander's build

Hey everyone, i finally got my car and now its time to start building. I will upload some pictures of things i have right now.

dscn5372.jpg

dscn5381.jpg

dscn5377.jpg

And picture of things i have, i actually have all wires also.

dscn5340.jpg

Stay tuned for more pictures and information.

Nice Bimma!

What else do you plan to install? head unit, speakers,...

Good luck, and keep posting pics if you can.

For now all the system is installed, here are some pictures, i need to take some pictures tomorrow and maybe make video.

Also i need new front speakers because they are BMW original 25W speakers. Information of HU and back speakers are coming tomorrow.

dscn5455.jpg

dscn5459.jpg

dscn5460.jpg

dscn5462.jpg

dscn5463.jpg

dscn5465p.jpg

Engine:

dscn5466j.jpg

More pictures of build, i also need to figure out what kind of tweets im getting.

dscn5467.jpg

dscn5470.jpg

dscn5472.jpg

dscn5477a.jpg

Head Unit: JVC MP3, KD-G401, 4x50W

Wires: Ground Zero 4 Gauge Wire kit

Front: BMW original speakers (need to change)

Tweeters: None (coming)

Back: Pioneer TS-A6911

Subwoofer: JBL GTO 1514, 15"

Amplifier: Kenwood KAC-9104D, Class D monoblock

Getting Boschmann MM6X Tweeters

nice simple build so farf, keep up the good work. beemer riding in style now

some of my friends told me that the box i made sucks, because speaker is up and vent hole is down, any opinions ?

some of my friends told me that the box i made sucks, because speaker is up and vent hole is down, any opinions ?

Bump! Any ideas or thoughts ?

Do some testing to find out what is best for your vehicle. Unless they have tested the same equipment in the same vehicle they don't have a valid opinion.

I'm planning to build a L ported box, but i have no idea how many Liters it should be, or how big should port be. Any tips ?

Do some testing to find out what is best for your vehicle. Unless they have tested the same equipment in the same vehicle they don't have a valid opinion.

x2 ;)

x2 ;)

x3, try to turn the box where sub is back facing trunk door opening w/ port up or sub front facing toward seats and port up and see what sound better. Build another box according to jbl specs (port up, sub up) then play with that configuration and flipping the box around to see what sounds better. Then determine what box and which positioning is best, good luck.

http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/CAR/Boxes%20and%20Parameters/GTO1514TD.pdf

JBL says 3.50FT^3 @ 30 Hz

Update

Im getting another JBL sub next month, so i will have 2 JBL's,

Together they are 700W RMS 350W RMS each, and i will bridge them to 2 ohms.

My amp is putting out 900W RMS @ 2ohms, can my amp handle them?

im also planning to run another 4 gauge wire to my amp, would it make any difference ?

that amp is fine. its the subs that have to handle the amp not the other way around.

You can under power subs and they will still be okay. why not just go 0 gauge wiring instead of 2 4 gauge wires?

that amp is fine. its the subs that have to handle the amp not the other way around.

You can under power subs and they will still be okay. why not just go 0 gauge wiring instead of 2 4 gauge wires?

I have 4 gauge wire left over, but then i need another fuse, i should just sell 4 gauge wire and get 0 gauge wiring.

I need to buy new HU, because my current HU can't handle vibration that woofer is making.

Just got my new front speakers installed, Signat L 13, pictures coming soon :)

Before my amplifier was controlled by HU, but i decided that maybe sometimes i dont need that much bass, so i installed switch.

If i should forget to turn off my amp it will turn off when i turn ignition off.

img0144g.jpg

img0146klq.jpg

img0152axj.jpg

I also installed new woofer wire, on the left you see old wire and on the right new wire.

img0147xtf.jpg

Here are two pictures of back speaker installation by PREVIOUS owner. All i can say is FAIL!

img0148u.jpg

img0150klo.jpg

Please lock or delete this topic :)

Ok, locked per OP request. Love the car. :)