eric77

My active setup...

Who do you think will be installing it ;)

<--------------------------------

I have a question,

I know the ED comps are made by CDT. Those mibs look identical to my HDs except the dust cap on mine are smaller. Do you know if there are any differences?

Oh but the way, awsome stuff!!!

I have a question,

I know the ED comps are made by CDT.  Those mibs look identical to my HDs except the dust cap on mine are smaller.  Do you know if there are any differences?

im not 100% sure, but I believe the ed eu 650 mids are identical to the hd-6 mids except for cosmetics.

Thats what ive heard as well

I have a question,

I know the ED comps are made by CDT.  Those mibs look identical to my HDs except the dust cap on mine are smaller.  Do you know if there are any differences?

It has been stated over at ICIX Nation that the eD Eu-650 mid is slightly better than the CDT HD-62 mid ... maybe little better with the midbass??

I have a question,

It has been stated over at ICIX Nation that the eD Eu-650 mid is slightly better than the CDT HD-62 mid ... maybe little better with the midbass??

im not saying you're wrong, but don't believe everything you hear on icix...

for the budget you had, this should be a great-sounding setup. I'm looking forward to hearing it this summer!

for the budget you had, this should be a great-sounding setup. I'm looking forward to hearing it this summer!

i hope so!

Im looking forward to hearing your setup too. Put your little slave to work installing it all :P

i hope so!

Im looking forward to hearing your setup too. Put your little slave to work installing it all :P

Im probably bigger than you foo :ready2go:

i hope so!

Im probably bigger than you foo :ready2go:

can you beat 6'3" 215? :D

If so, just remember you're never too big for one of these :nutkick:

6'3" 175, close enough

scrawny lil guy :lol2:

What was this thread about again? I gotta stop all these thread jacks. Oh wait, this is my thread i can jack whatever I want :poop:

i'm in the middle of the install. I got 2 strands of speaker wire run to each door so far. I ran out of the speaker wire I bought so I made my onw special twistdd wire for the left tweeter. I think its 14 or 16 awg monster cable for home audio (dont ask) so it should be fine. Afterall wire is wire

I got most the stuff in now. I just need to tune it and run some more wires. I had some problems at first with what i thought was my crossover, but fortunately it turned out to be a bad rca. I switched it and it was fine. Now, I've got a problem with my left tweet. Its not the tweet so I've got to figure out what it is. lol.

I had everything working well for about 15 minutes and was tuning it. It sounded awesome. the midbass was too much for fully deadened doors though. I need to get another set of rcas run to my sub amp so I can run my sub and cross my mids over a bit higher. I also need to decide where to mount my tweets. I may just have them indirect firing into the windshield as that sounded pretty good but then again it sounded good up in the door up where the side mirrors are. I need to decide how much work I want to do installing the tweeters as I think they'll sound best in the door but the install will be much harder.

Pulled EVERYTHING out tody and started over. Time to do this right! I am still not finished, but I am close® :) My tweeters are still floating around the dash for the time being. I have plaid around with tweeter placement a little while driving the past week and have decided to place them somewhere in the door. I did not want to cut the door at all seeing as how I will be replacing this car in amonth or so, BU ti figure I'll just pick up a pair of NEXT comps to fill inany holes I make when iget rid of the car.

Heres some more pics of everything. :redspot

active0250dd.jpg

active0263mn.jpg

active0277ek.jpg

active0312dg.jpg

active0319ct.jpg

active0333jf.jpg

active0345bi.jpg

I think this pic sums my life up pretty well. :D

active0371qh.jpg

got my beer, wheat thins, sub, and baseball.

I am really frustrated right now. For some reason, my interior lights would not go out. It was as if a door was open, but none were. I checked all of the door sensor things and they appeared fine. The only way I could get the lights to go out was to pull the fuse on them, so as of now I have no working interior lights.

Did you cross some wires when installing the HU? Perhaps there's an errant strand touching the dimmer and a hot lead on the radio harness. OR better yet, maybe you have them siwtched on at the headlight switch? Many times I've hit that switch and rotated it to the interior light "on" position and never thought twice.