eric77

My active setup...

to many wires =x

BAD NEWS :(

My crossover is definitely bad. Left side of ch A goes in and out. At first I thought it was a bad set of rca's because when I replaced them it worked fine but after testing again it is definitely the crossover. I am really mad right now because this will set me back at least a week and probably even more

Did you cross some wires when installing the HU?  Perhaps there's an errant strand touching the dimmer and a hot lead on the radio harness.  OR better yet, maybe you have them siwtched on at the headlight switch?  Many times I've hit that switch and rotated it to the interior light "on" position and never thought twice.

The hu was already installed. I didnt unplug anywires. I just pulled it out so I could run my rca's. I'll check back there anyways though because I might have knocked something out when pushing the hu back in.

on a side note.

id be WAY more careful about your REM lead.

those amps\crossover might pull a bit of current in a spike some day, and fry the rem line in your HU.

get a relay. you really need one.

on a side note.

those amps\crossover might pull a bit of current in a spike some day, and fry the rem line in your HU.

really? Can you link me to a decent relay that would fit my application or let me know exactly what I need to get. I really have no idea what to look for.

on a side note.

really? Can you link me to a decent relay that would fit my application or let me know exactly what I need to get. I really have no idea what to look for.

www.sounddomain.com has them i think

www.partsexpress.com should too

just a SPDT relay is all you need

on a side note.

so this would be good? this relay

on a side note.

so this would be good?http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=330-070

exactly what you want

any ideas as to what crossover your going to use now?

Make sure you include a .5 amp fuse on the remote lead coming right out of the HU. If that blows, you need a relay, if not, you'll be fine.

any ideas as to what crossover your going to use now?

NOthing for the moment. I will pobably pull the mids and put my cadence comps in for the moment. It will probably take a week or two to get the crossover back from stereodirect. When I get the coustic back, I will go back to my never ending install.

Make sure you include a .5 amp fuse on the remote lead coming right out of the HU.  If that blows, you need a relay, if not, you'll be fine.

okay. Thanks for the tip.

crossover was just shipped to coustic in phoenix az. They will get it thursday and I am hoping they have a quick turn around. I forgot to ask how long it will take but it would be great if they could get it back to me by next weekend.

Well, I still have everything sitting in boxes. Money has been tight lately, seems like everything I earn is going towards this project, and of course I still have bills to pay. [/emo rant ;) ]

All I need to get now is my headunit (P9 combo setup). My dealer app with Stinger/AAMP felll through from what I can tell, and I still need a few installation items (wire, terminals, etc.). I guess its eBay for that stuff, and hopefully I'll be set. I spent Sunday cleaing out my garage, so installation should go pretty smoothly once I start. I still have a lot to do though....

-big three upgrade

-alternator install

-ground to battery

-sub enclsoure

-sub install

-amp racks

-amp installs/wiring

-door dampening

-components mounting rings/baffles

-component installation

-compnent wiring

-fiberglass tweeter pods