Sign in to follow this  
mikee72

what class???

hi all i am going to be competing for the first time and was wondering what class i should run. i am going to using my fi x 12 in a 6th order bp which is 3.5 cubes a chamber and will be pushing 200w rms to it. also i have a kicker zx 1500 that i just aquired and was thinking of using it at 8 oms on the x so that should roughly be about 375wto 400w rms but was wondering if they would make me run a higher class since that amp can put out 1500w even though i would have it putting out around 400 since it would be at 8 ohms

hi all i am going to be competing for the first time and was wondering what class i should run. i am going to using my fi x 12 in a 6th order bp which is 3.5 cubes a chamber and will be pushing 200w rms to it. also i have a kicker zx 1500 that i just aquired and was thinking of using it at 8 oms on the x so that should roughly be about 375wto 400w rms but was wondering if they would make me run a higher class since that amp can put out 1500w even though i would have it putting out around 400 since it would be at 8 ohms

what is an fi x

he is probably using x a a variable... like he cant decide between Fi Q .. Fi Bt... Fi BTL

No. Fi X is a line all by itself.

I've only competed in Usaci and non sanctioned comps. But every one that went by amp size didn't pay an attention the ohms. Just ratings. That is why I run my amp at a 1/4 ohm in comps.

The Fi X Was And Is The Predecessor To The AA Assassin.

The Fi X Was And Is The Predecessor To The AA Assassin.

thanks and yes the fi x and assasin are almost the exact same sub. and thanks alvitae im prob going to bring it with me and see if it will make a difference in which class i run. but i still dont know which class to run in the first place????

Edited by mikee72

It's Probably Going To Be A Power Based Class Or A 139.9.

Is This A Burp Comp Or Bass Race?

You don't choose your class if you already have your equipment. You are put into a class depending on your equipment and setup in the vehicle. If you go to the comp they'll put you in a class.