SBranger

OK, cash in pocket.. what to do.

OK, guys. I have a about one more sub to sell and i am getting my first IA subs. Here is what i have. I am going to put about 10kw total . ( i will leave the brand out to avoid the drama of what amp is louder and if they really do that power. ) I have a Great friend selling 4 DP 18"s that i can buy, if i buy those, he is getting 4 - 18" wardens from Nick. (if nick sees this, i am sure he knows who it is.) OR for about the same price, i can pick up a pair of wardens. If i do the wardens, i might be 2-12s or 2-18s or 2-21s. if i do the 12s, its for SB2 with usaci. if i do the 18s or 21s, i am shooting for a 4th order if that works with the DPs or big wardens.

so what do you guys think. i have a blow thru in my ford ranger which is why i would have to do a 4th order. this will be tuned to 35-40hz..

dont get the wardens if u plan on playing music with that tuning.

I thought you can get a SPL set up or a daily coil ?

I'd probably just go with the 4 DP 18s

I'd probably just go with the 4 DP 18s

Yeah, the wardens look bad ass but like i said, if i do those its only 2-12"S pretty hard for 2-12"s to overcome the cone area of 4-18"s with the same power. but i am also talking a difference of give or take... an 6cubic ft box vs a 28 cubic ft box..

yep ....iam also for the 4 DPs version .... sould blow u away ... :suicide-santa:

35-40 is pretty dang low tuning for a 4th order.....idf rather see it @ 46 or so.

35-40 is pretty dang low tuning for a 4th order.....idf rather see it @ 46 or so.

Well you are prob. right, it will prob. still respond very well down to 40 atleast. wouldnt ya think.

Well you are prob. right, it will prob. still respond very well down to 40 atleast. wouldnt ya think.

the malibu i built in a 4th order for 4 DP 15's responds very strong down in the high 20's,low 30's tuned to 47-48 HZ

so i would indeed think so.

4th order isnt like a ported when it comes to playing under tuning.

(that being said my box while tuned at 31, plays music down to the low 20's very strongly.

23 HZ at 150.9 with the door open.

on the dash.

I vote to buy the 4 DP's.

This.

More cone area = your friend in this situation. The Wardens are awesome subs, but without more power and in a more optimized box (read: comp tuning), you'd be wasting the potential of the Wardens, IMO. Sure, the Wardens can sound good, but they are meant to get as loud as possible, and with you wanting to play music on them, I'd stick with the DP's.

Kef

This.

More cone area = your friend in this situation. The Wardens are awesome subs, but without more power and in a more optimized box (read: comp tuning), you'd be wasting the potential of the Wardens, IMO. Sure, the Wardens can sound good, but they are meant to get as loud as possible, and with you wanting to play music on them, I'd stick with the DP's.

Kef

Well, 4 - 18" DPs it is. purchased them a few days ago and have some people working on a 4th order BP for me for a blow thru in my little truck. If anyone is interested, i will post build pics on here later. I think the build will start by next monday or so.

Well, 4 - 18" DPs it is. purchased them a few days ago and have some people working on a 4th order BP for me for a blow thru in my little truck. If anyone is interested, i will post build pics on here later. I think the build will start by next monday or so.

You will be banned for all eternity if you don't post pixs

X2

X2

No prob. Looks like it may turn into a walk thru instead of a blow thru. I have a lot of prep work to do so it may be a week or so before i get pics up and going guys.

This.

What's going to be powering them? I don't believe I read that anywhere. I'd vote on a quartet of 40.1's :)

Kef

This.

What's going to be powering them? I don't believe I read that anywhere. I'd vote on a quartet of 40.1's :)

Kef

Well, since they are not IA brand, i will leave the name out, This is a Incriminator audio forum, i will only support IA product on here. But the amps i have are some newer amps on the market, pretty popular and will do about 4500 rms each. ( i have 2 of them) that works out to be about 2250 per DP. This is for a daily Street beater so that should work out pretty good.

Edited by SBranger

This.

Kef

Well, since they are not IA brand, i will leave the name out, This is a Incriminator audio forum, i will only support IA product on here. But the amps i have are some newer amps on the market, pretty popular and will do about 4500 rms each. ( i have 2 of them) that works out to be about 2250 per DP. This is for a daily Street beater so that should work out pretty good.

nothing wrong with saying what brand, IA is not like that, hell you chose their subs so I am sure they're happy lol. so what amps, and pics nao!

This.

Kef

nothing wrong with saying what brand, IA is not like that, hell you chose their subs so I am sure they're happy lol. so what amps, and pics nao!

I had 3 of them but sold one due to running 4 subs.

Photo0196.jpg

This.

Kef

Photo0196.jpg

IA or not, lots of power plus lots of cone area is a good thing.

That should be a stupid loud setup, now that there's some pics, build pics and then meter vids or face the ban hammer.

Kef

This.

Kef

Photo0196.jpg

IA or not, lots of power plus lots of cone area is a good thing.

That should be a stupid loud setup, now that there's some pics, build pics and then meter vids or face the ban hammer.

Kef

I am going to try to start on the box this weekend. Maybe i will get some pics of the truck tomorrow for ya. Nothing special, just a 98 ford ranger ext cab with a NON matching camper shell.

this should be a sick install, good luck man

you believe this guy? !!! he says "Nothing special, just a 98 ford ranger ext cab with a NON matching camper shell." ........aaannnndddd 4 18" DP's !!! lol, should be sick , need pics and vids quickly!