Sign in to follow this  
Juslivin

Demo of the xcons.

Just left marks house. My dad and i both got a demo of xcons. They sound even better than i imagined. They were really crisp, tight, and accurate. They love the low notes. They also put out quite a bit of output. Thanks again for the demo mark. Maybe i will have to switch out my xl 18s to xcons now :fing34:

Just left marks house. My dad and i both got a demo of xcons. They sound even better than i imagined. They were really crisp, tight, and accurate. They love the low notes. They also put out quite a bit of output. Thanks again for the demo mark. Maybe i will have to switch out my xl 18s to xcons now :fing34:

haha. Glad you liked them. Nice meeting you and your father. :)

how far was the drive?

do you have a video Mark and my sundown saz-2000 wont be too much for the xcon as long as I keep the gains down?

whats the driver displacement for an 15" Xcon, going to start designing ported enclosures asap? appreciate ya

Edited by jay-cee

The drive was 12 hours from texas to phoenix but we were down here seeing my aunt. I didnt just drive down to see the xcons it was just a perk.

oh ok becuase I know it would of been worth it if you did since they swayed you to want to switch already, but quite insane. well im used to 12 hour drives since thats how long it took me to drive to school in Tallahassee, FL just one way.

oh ok becuase I know it would of been worth it if you did since they swayed you to want to switch already, but quite insane. well im used to 12 hour drives since thats how long it took me to drive to school in Tallahassee, FL just one way.

Yeah i have made the drive from Clermont, Florida to Lubbock, Texas, many many time. Its like a 24 hour drive non stop lol.

Hey SSA,

I know you guys are busy with getting this forum together and Im loving what you done with the place, I was wondering when you guys were gonna update the XCONS page under subwoofers no rush but it will stop me and everyone else from asking you buys repetitive questions. Appreciate you work and effort, keep it up and bang on.

Honestly man i love loud and the x-cons do it great but the SQ is what really wins me over. Being loud and sounding good is the most important thing to me. Sure i could have done BTLs or Nightshades and got well into the 150s but after having x-cons ill never go back. I think you would be plenty happy with the change out from your DCs. I did some demos for people today and jaws droped when i played lost chopped and screwed. The lows are down right insane even though i cant physically hear them it flexes my car like iv never seen before. I totally agree with you though and mark you guys did an amazing job with them.

Honestly man i love loud and the x-cons do it great but the SQ is what really wins me over. Being loud and sounding good is the most important thing to me. Sure i could have done BTLs or Nightshades and got well into the 150s but after having x-cons ill never go back. I think you would be plenty happy with the change out from your DCs. I did some demos for people today and jaws droped when i played lost chopped and screwed. The lows are down right insane even though i cant physically hear them it flexes my car like iv never seen before. I totally agree with you though and mark you guys did an amazing job with them.

Yeah it was flexing marks car pretty hardcore haha. One of the panels that controls the sunroof fell out.

Id say go for the switch and if you get them before me I would have to take a trip to hear them.

Just switch and be done with it. I should be getting my Xcon 15 any day now ! :woot:

Hey SSA,

I know you guys are busy with getting this forum together and Im loving what you done with the place, I was wondering when you guys were gonna update the XCONS page under subwoofers no rush but it will stop me and everyone else from asking you buys repetitive questions. Appreciate you work and effort, keep it up and bang on.

We have some specs on the shop. We will have more info on the Xcon page soon.

well i just need the displacement of a xcon 15" so I can make my final enclosure design, is it 0.21Ft^3?

well i just need the displacement of a xcon 15" so I can make my final enclosure design, is it 0.21Ft^3?

Right about .2.

with it being powered by a Sundonw SAZ-2000d around what size box should I make it, around 4.2-4.8 ft^3 @ 30-31 Hz. thankx

I designed a ported enclosure for 4.32 Ft^3 @ 30.91 Hz with 62.50 in^2 of Port Area (Range 52-69in^2) 14.47in^2/cube

Edited by jay-cee

4.3 is plenty big. :)

with it being powered by a Sundonw SAZ-2000d around what size box should I make it, around 4.2-4.8 ft^3 @ 30-31 Hz. thankx

I designed a ported enclosure for 4.32 Ft^3 @ 30.91 Hz with 62.50 in^2 of Port Area (Range 52-69in^2) 14.47in^2/cube

just curious have you installed that xcon on that saz2000 yet? if so how did it turn out?

just curious have you installed that xcon on that saz2000 yet? if so how did it turn out?

Naw man, I actual went another route for right now. I ended up getting a Sundown Z15 version 1 for now until I upgrade just wanted a temporary sub for now until I get electrical and under things up to par in the car.

Speaking of the Xcon's, I have a question on the Xmax spec: is it P-P or one way?

Anybody know what the Xmech/Xsus is?

I'm looking to put one either into ~2.5cf sealed or ~3.5cf ported @ 33hz, and putting 800 watts RMS into it.

Thanks!

Speaking of the Xcon's, I have a question on the Xmax spec: is it P-P or one way?

Anybody know what the Xmech/Xsus is?

I'm looking to put one either into ~2.5cf sealed or ~3.5cf ported @ 33hz, and putting 800 watts RMS into it.

Thanks!

One way.

the Xcon has definitely caught my eye too. I hope to hear some one day. :) Maybe I will try one out one day, assuming the job market improves!

OP, thanks for your feedback. I love to hear first hand experiences and impressions.

im curious to hear the OP's or anyone's comparison between the xcons and XLs... those are basically my two choices right now.

im curious to hear the OP's or anyone's comparison between the xcons and XLs... those are basically my two choices right now.

Two quite different drivers. I would suggest starting a new topic with some solid information to help people guide you to your best choice, not an X vs. Y topic either.