frosty42069

Need Answers

WIll an Fi SSD 12" sound ok in a 1.00 cu.ft. box with a port tuned to 35 hz.

It's a little small. Fi Recommends 1.8-2.5 cubes at 33 Hz.

ok well what would hit harder two twelves in sealed enclosures or 2 10's in ported enclosures?

ok well what would hit harder two twelves in sealed enclosures or 2 10's in ported enclosures?

Most likely the 10's, but it depend son the enclosure, amp, subs, vehicle,...etc.

ok i have another question 3 10's sealed or 2 10' porter which will hit harder? using 10" fi ssd subwoofers

From the way you are posting and your lack of information I'd guess that you don't have enough room for 2 10's ported.

From the way you are posting and your lack of information I'd guess that you don't have enough room for 2 10's ported.

well i have a single cab truck... they sell a ported truckbox for 1 10 that is 1 ft3....but i'm guessing 3 10's in a sealed box and for sure 3 12's in a sealed box will hit harder because of the huge difference in cone area...

sorry about the lack of knowledge but i'm trying to learn a little...i'll try to post a little less

Merged your two identical topics.

lol i posted in two different places for quicker responce probably shouldn't have done that...i've got my decision down if i keep the single cab though so there will be fewer topics from now on

well i have a single cab truck... they sell a ported truckbox for 1 10 that is 1 ft3....but i'm guessing 3 10's in a sealed box and for sure 3 12's in a sealed box will hit harder because of the huge difference in cone area...

Your assumption may be seriously flawed. EXACTLY how much space do you have?

Your assumption may be seriously flawed. EXACTLY how much space do you have?

i'm not home to tell exactly but the box i found is made by q logic its a behine the seat truck enclosure with 6.5 mounting depth and its ported.....that would acomodate a 10 no problem and it has 1.00 cubic ft. of volume....its 25 inches long and i believe my truck has room for at least 50 inches from side to side behind the seats...and the box is within the specs for a 10...but the other enclosure i'm considering now is a three 12 sealed truck box...i'm guessing that the three twelves would be the better route

Edited by Brandon Frost

go with one 12, and have a custom box built that will fit your car, there are some people on this forum that will build you the best box money can buy and you will not be dissapointed.

oh and dont ever buy a prefab box