Sign in to follow this  
shadowslayer666

187!!!!

Nice choice! adhd.gif

did you send them my way? lol. good deal, will be watching for your review.

Very nice choice, you'll be pleased with them. I'm happy with 1 15" sealed with 400 watts, so a pair ported with the power to match is going to be just a bit louder :)

I'm going for a second 15" sometime this month, a new amp soon, and a new enclosure to house both (aiming for 4.5 cubes for the pair).

What kind of power you going to be using?

Kef

i have a sundown saz-1000D. Love that amp by the way, stays very cool even in the summer on a 1 ohm load. anyways ill probably have it tuned town a bit, and watching my gains so the subs will only be getting 300 or so watts each. i never like to push my equipment to the extremes so they last longer. My box is going to be about 4.3 cubes total including displacement from the drivers and the port, tuned to 34 hz. Should be a very nice set up. Can wait to get going on my box.

front view of box

wide_sub_front.jpg

back view

wide_sub_back.jpg

i have a sundown saz-1000D. Love that amp by the way, stays very cool even in the summer on a 1 ohm load. anyways ill probably have it tuned town a bit, and watching my gains so the subs will only be getting 300 or so watts each. i never like to push my equipment to the extremes so they last longer. My box is going to be about 4.3 cubes total including displacement from the drivers and the port, tuned to 34 hz. Should be a very nice set up. Can wait to get going on my box.

front view of box

wide_sub_front.jpg

back view

wide_sub_back.jpg

Put that amp on them man, mine loves 400+. I wouldn't hesitate putting that amp to them, just set the gains right and don't clip the signal and you'd be okay.

Nick told me they'll take 400 daily without any problem, FWIW.

Kef

im sure ill push them after i break them in a bit. Should get crazy loud. I really cant wait.

What do you think of the box?

You dont see any issues with it do you

im sure ill push them after i break them in a bit. Should get crazy loud. I really cant wait.

What do you think of the box?

You dont see any issues with it do you

Other than maybe the port facing backwards, no. Why not subs up, ports back? What vehicle is it going in?

It should be stupid loud, even if you don't give them much power. My single 15 sealed is stupid loud, and I'm adding more power and another sub :)

Kef

i have the port facing backwards because i want it to go into the cabin of the car. The subs are going into a 08 cobalt. From what i have heard have the port going into the car is the best, but it can always be changed. Still have to get the wood for the box :[ just been so busy lately

i would try facing the port backward, on the same face as the subs, it will load off of the back of the trunk. same reason why you face the subs themselves back. i wouldn't do subs up in a trunk, thats just asking for more rattle

gl man, im sure those things will pound

i would try facing the port backward, on the same face as the subs, it will load off of the back of the trunk. same reason why you face the subs themselves back. i wouldn't do subs up in a trunk, thats just asking for more rattle

This.

Any electrical been done or getting done?

Kef

there really isnt any electrical that has to be done. Im upgrading my subs, so amp and everything is already in. All i will really need is the wire from the subs to the terminal cups, and maybe some from the cups to the amp too, i think its 12 gauge now, that big enough for 300 watts? Is that what i should use inside the box too to the subs

first day of box build has completed...or like an hour, it was about to rain. Got all of the wood roughly cut so i can make straight cuts on the table saw.

SSPX0312.jpg

SSPX0313.jpg

more pics to come as the box actually takes some shape

since you have obvisouly done your homework on these subswhich specs did you use? i have found two different specs for the 187's . would like to know which is right. on the IA sight is one and another on SSA's store page.

i used the specs on the forum for the box size. The ones that they recommend, and the tuning. I think i would trust the one on the ssa store more. The incriminator website has the subs marked as 6 ohm, and ssa has it marked at 4, so that made me believe the store more so. But yeah i know what you are talking about when you have no idea which specs to use for the subs. Im glad i really didnt need the specs too much to make the box

Specs on our site are the newest 187's. Not sure if SSA has theres updated or not.

thank you so much.......that will work! seriously , thank you.

just a little update. Been very busy at work lately and have not been able to work on the box too much. Hopefully the weekend will give me a lot of time. I got the top and bottom cut to the correct size, and i marked on the bottom where all the pieces will go, sorta like a template. Have not taken any new pics sorry.

Just a little side not too. If one of you IA guys read this my order has been awaiting shipment for over a week now. Just wondering when it will be shipped.

Thank you

haha never mind on the question the subs just got here today.

SSPX0315.jpg

SSPX0318.jpg

SSPX0316.jpg

SSPX0319.jpg

Pretty, aren't they?

Kef

they sure are!

Box update. Finally had some time this saturday on got the sides and the back all glued together. Doesn't look too good yet, got a shit load of glue everywhere that i have to wipe off today, and cover with carpet. Pic to come soon hopefully can get some more done today

they sure are!

Box update. Finally had some time this saturday on got the sides and the back all glued together. Doesn't look too good yet, got a shit load of glue everywhere that i have to wipe off today, and cover with carpet. Pic to come soon hopefully can get some more done today

Just noticed this, but you are from Ohio as well. What parts? I'm from Zanesville.

Kef