I think mrray compared the RL-p to a XXX simply because that is what he had available . Yes a SX would be a better match-up, especially when considering how much more power a XXX can take but you gotta remember mrray did not get paid nor did anyone up the equipment for his comparisson.

pretty much sums it up...i already had the rl-p when i got the xxx...

already had the sealed box and the power (750wrms) at the time...

everybody (well, not everyone) cried foul because i didn't put more power on the xxx, said that's why it suffered in sealed. did a trade with nick (njccbflo) to acquire my orion 2500d, gave both subs the power (1200wrms and 2500wrms) and got almost the exact same results...

neither sub wanted the full blunt of the orion, both loved 1200...

and yep, for all the ball baggin, noone offered up anymore power....but thanks to nick, i got it anyway.

but in reality..i think the rl-p stacks up well with the sx or xxx, except that i believe they will both handle a bit more power and in doing so, they have the ability to have a bit more output. i'd believe the rl-p would wipe the floor with any re offering below the sx.

the rl-p is truly a great sub at a great price, offered by a company/guy with great customer service. it's that hard to beat when u add those things together.

but hey, that's just my opinion....lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Rl-p wins for price vs peformance

cheers for the replies people

didnt mean to hijack this thread as much as i did but at least he gets an idea of how good the rlp is

and i guess ill find out in the summer when i order a few