I was wondering what type of amp i should get to power 2 12 RL-Ps so that they can still bump real loud but have good sound quality. I am looking for an amp that is not to expensive. Hopefully under 250 if possible. I have been recommended the Hifonics Hifonics BX1205D/BX1605D, are there any comments on those amps? Will they work well? Any other amps that may be able to do the job? Thanks. Mike

I was wondering what type of amp i should get to power 2 12 RL-Ps so that they can still bump real loud but have good sound quality. I am looking for an amp that is not to expensive. Hopefully under 250 if possible.  I have been recommended the Hifonics Hifonics BX1205D/BX1605D, are there any comments on those amps? Will they work well? Any other amps that may be able to do the job? Thanks. Mike

most would agree they (the hifonics) are overrated as too their power output. regardless, they are pretty solid lil amps for the money. i have had zero issues with the hifonics (nemesis nx750d) in my wife's car pushing her rl-p.

other amps to look into though include power acoustik, ma audio and some directed. tsunami is a respectable brand, not sure if u can find them for that price.

IMO, however, the hifonics would be a solid choice.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I say look for used, that would be the best bet, if not refurb with warrenty,

IMO it is worth saving some money up and get a solid amp the first time

Id get a Nine.1 or the Orion 1200, heck id even get the Memphis MCD-1500, those would be your best options.

Ive had great luck with Memphis, 1500D, 1000D, and 1300D a little underrated, small foot print and if you get the Studio series Very Beautiful IMO. But I ended up going with kicker this time, though I would have liked a Belle 600D, or that damn Tarantula 800/5 to bad that fell through.

Im not sure if any can be obtained for under 250, but if you take denims advice and do it right the first time then you have a lot to play with down the road.

any memphis would be killer...

but i don't think hifonics is as bad as ppl think. for the money, a nice purchase..

but if u can get a memphis for that ..get it..lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I have never gotten the chance to use, install or play around with a Hifonics amp. I really do like how they look though, basic, I like basic. The only amp I never give any credit too aside from the obvious ones is the POS JBL BP1200.1, I hate that amp.

I never give any credit too aside from the obvious ones is the POS JBL BP1200.1, I hate that amp.

x2

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Also a fantastic amp. I put a pair of cadence amps in my buddies tiburon(sp? Care!, they suck anyways) Nice amp, I used the Z8000 800x1.

Impressive install though

2 Ed 12o flat cones

Koda Comps

Pioneer Touch screen dont remember the model anymore

z8000 for subs 400x2

Q3000 150x2@2 for the comps...ear bleeding

Special order orange wire to match the purdy amps

Im getting a 12o soon.

Just waiting for it to show up on my doorstep.

Any pics of the install ?

Im getting a 12o soon.

Just waiting for it to show up on my doorstep.

Any pics of the install ?

I wish, it will be a long time before I get my hands on that car again. Unfortunaly hes across seas in Iraq defending the homeland...God bless his soul. Hes been over in that general area of the world for the last 3 years. Did his 4 years in the military, did a tour in Afgan, and Bosnia. His 4 years were up so he signed up for national gaurd reserves being promised that he wouldnt be shipped back b/c he wanted to go to school. Signed up, week later got a letter saying you have a month before your back in Texas doing hazard training. Now in Iraq.

:gheychase:

Thats for the troops

:finger:

Thats for everyone else over there

i think th e xx series will be under rated, since their rated at 13.8volts. and for $500 i can get it, but the MCD-1500 i can get for like around there too.

Woah...simma down.

I just asked if you had pics :lol2:

When its your childhood best friend you get passionate about chit. Sorry I was just trying to make a reply that was more than 3 words, I like to talk what can I say :)

nice cadence, great amps for the money