Sign in to follow this  
chris89127

2 amps 1 BTL

do you think it would be fine for a 15 fully loaded btl to handle 2 sae 1200 on each coil at 1 ohm i did this with a solo x 12 before it hit hard

So you want to put 4 amps on that one sub? Not worth it. Total waste of power and money beyond only one on each coil.

So you want to put 4 amps on that one sub? Not worth it. Total waste of power and money beyond only one on each coil.

I think he means run 1 amp to each voice coil node so he wants to run 2 amps.... combined its 2400watts of power and btl's have been seen running much higher. I don't know if I would trust it but it is more than likely possible.

naw he means two amps on, one on each set of coils

naw he means two amps on, one on each set of coils

yes 1 amp per coil soo 2 amps one btl i ended up getting a 15 btl of ebay but i got that dam amp (sae1200)allrdy and that 15 is a dual 1 ohm but i dont want to sellll that sundown its a great amp so thats why i was thinking off that set up has any one else ever hook a sub up like that it was in the solo x manual where i found how to do it

Just strap em together.

Sundown FAQ

EDIT: Dual one ohm is perfect. Strap the amps at 1 ohm each with a final load of 2 ohms

and wire the sub at 2 ohms.

Edited by tech2332

Just strap em together.

Sundown FAQ

EDIT: Dual one ohm is perfect. Strap the amps at 1 ohm each with a final load of 2 ohms

and wire the sub at 2 ohms.

x2

ididn't think you could hook them up together as it does not say anything in the manual but i see now. i will hook them up both ways when i get the other sae 1200 for now 600 rms @2ohm :bull:

I didn't think the sae1200s were strappable.

Correct they aren't. Only SAZ series.

i realized they cant not be strapped but i can strap them with a maxx link but i don't want to buy one so im going to hook it up amp per voice coil with a 5.7 cu box @ 34 hz

Just have to make sure your settings are all correct and set up properly..

If they are not set up properly you will break the sub.

Thanks!

Nick

Sign in to follow this