Sign in to follow this  
rickandleli

Can the XCONS handle it?

I have heard here and there about the real world power handling of the XCONS. I have already gotten one of my XCON 18s, just waiting to order the other one. The amp i have is a Hifonics XXV Colossus. Was planning on selling the amp and getting the SAZ-3500, but didnt happen. So now I already have the dual 1 ohm subs, how do you think they will handle the Colossus rated 3200X1 @ 2 ohms, 1 amp on each sub? The box is 5.5 cu.ft. each sub, tuned to 31hz. They look so damn good, dont wanna see em go up in smoke!!!

Edited by rickmorgan

I have heard here and there about the real world power handling of the XCONS. I have already gotten one of my XCON 18s, just waiting to order the other one. The amp i have is a Hifonics XXV Colossus. Was planning on selling the amp and getting the SAZ-3500, but didnt happen. So now I already have the dual 1 ohm subs, how do you think they will handle the Colossus rated 3200X1 @ 2 ohms, 1 amp on each sub? The box is 5.5 cu.ft. each sub, tuned to 31hz. They look so damn good, dont wanna see em go up in smoke!!!

for burps that should be fine, but this sub wasn't designed to handle that amount of power daily. Sorry.

Misapplication. I don't understand why everybody wants to put twice RMS to every sub out there.

They could handle it, but only if you know what your doing.

Listen to what Mark said, 3200 is just too much for a single Xcon. Is that amp stable at .5 ?

Listen to what Mark said, 3200 is just too much for a single Xcon. Is that amp stable at .5 ?

I have read of people burping the Colossus at .5 with the right electrical behind it. I am just trying to work with what i have. i dont run my subs loud all of the time. More just for some good background bass and to show off now and then. it is such a pain to try to sell everything and start from scratch. If i knew i was going to have to keep the amp, i would have gotten the dual 2 ohm instead and split the 3200 between subs. I guess i could still run 1 sub off of each channel and maybe with an MLA module get close the 1300-1400 to each sub at 2 ohms.

Believe me they get damn loud on 1500wrms each. I don't see a huge gain doubling there rms and i dont feel its worth killing your driver.