MIKE W

2000rms how many batteries and alt?

i have the Rockford Fosgate Power T20001bd amp and a red top optimus battery under the hood with a 800 kintik in the trunk all wired with 0ga wire and gold terminals with a 200 amp alt and was thinking of getting a Rockford Fosgate RFC2DHybrid 2.0 Farad Digital Stiffening Capacitor if this isnt a nough juice and a alt if i need one? this is for my btl 18 fully loaded wich rms is 2000 watts any help and i apreate it thanks guys!!

Dump the cap idea.

You will be fine with the 2 batteries and 0/1 wire.

Depending on your stock alt, you may not even need to upgrade it.

2000w is not that much.

if u have a 200 amp alt u might as well just keep ur front battery ... dont put in the 800 yet ... see if you have voltage drops below 13 ... if you do (u shouldnt with a 200 amp alt) upgrade to the big 3 ... if problems still persist put in the 800 then see if there is a difference ... the problem with batteries are they are a load in themselves and will create more work on the alternator thus dropping the voltage ... never use a cap

Man you need at least 2 more alternators!

Just kidding. But don't get the cap.

lol you don't need more alts lol! jsut batteries to back up your power you want to supply!

if you cna fit it and afford it get a batcap 2000! that way you can supply a 2krms burp!!

also if you are going to be mixing and matching batteries you might wnat to look into getting a soleniod setup!! or just stick to the same brand of battery and all will be well!!

To OP I had my rear batts out until I waited for a new one and my voltage dropped to the mid to low 12's with a 200 amp alt , redtop batt, and big 3 in 1/0, with 2000 watts. I think you will need atleast a hc1800 in the trunk. I had a hc800 and a spv35 in my trunk and dropped to around 13. 3 full tilt. I would recommend a bigger battery in the back. If your running different kinds of batts. I have a 200 amp stinger isolator that will keep these batteries seperated for $25 shipped.

I have 1.4 kW on stock batt and alt and I rest at 14.9 and drop to 14.3 during full tilt. I think a 200 amp alt and a battery or two should be absolutely fine.