I just noticed that Treo is selling amps these days, looks they picked them up damn near a year ago too. Has anyone used or seen these at all, it looks like a nice amp and I'm sure it peforms equally as well. Does anyone know if they're using someone elses boards in them?

I bet they only cost 2 arms and half a leg. :hyper:

I am always hesitant about brand new amplifers, meaning I wait on buying amps from a company that was not making amps before

x2, they make great subs...

if adire audio started making car audio amps, id be a little wary as well. some companies should just stick to specific products.

They have the little ones you can use for car audio

not anymore.

plus input voltage is like 50V+ IIRC

I am always hesitant about brand new amplifers, meaning I wait on buying amps from a company that was not making amps before

Especailly when the dont seem to be that popular, I have never heard any talk about them.

Some companies I feel I'd trust, Like the DD amp, I have never heard much about that either but I feel it would most likly be a rock solid amp, especially compared to alot of amps out there today...

any new product from any company is usually a gamble, unless its just a rebadge job. i'd rather see them spend some serious r&d time and money before releasing a new line of products.

eg. Lord willing, Adire sticks to raw drivers. i'd hate to see adire interconnects, or wiring kits......oh that would be the day...(not a good one either)

Agreed, certain comapneis are made to make certain things. Some just try to exploit everything with average products.

I would NOT hessitate to buy an amp from Adire. Dan has a lock on the technogy isuues. That's one smart cookie. I'm sure you all remember the Adire/Ampman revo from year back. That had the Adire name and was a powerhouse which we all know pretty well today as the RE35.1.

You probably see alot more of these amps in the lanes powering Treo woofers than just in enthusiast vehicles.

talk to Dave Edwards on here, he knows a few things about the Ampman amplifers ;)

I also own a RE35.1D as well and bought it in pre-order(for only 250 cause their old database crashed :D ). Sometimes it is worth the gamble and as for adire, i would not hesitate either as they do have quite the know-how, and have been building amps(even though mainly for home) for a while now. It'll probably be a bit more expensive though if i know Dan's taste in using good parts.

I would NOT hessitate to buy an amp from Adire.  Dan has a lock on the technogy isuues.  That's one smart cookie.  I'm sure you all remember the Adire/Ampman revo from year back.  That had the Adire name and was a powerhouse which we all know pretty well today as the RE35.1.

yea, i have no doubt that Dan could put together a solid car audio amp. I hate to make an example of Adire, I suppose that was a bad choice of company. However I still stand behind my statement, that I prefer that a company stick to just a few product lines instead of making EVERYTHING.

talk to Dave Edwards on here, he knows a few things about the Ampman amplifers ;)

lol---that is an understatement :slayer:

I was trying to spark a big post out of you :lol:

well------the Revo 1500.1/RE 35.1/BA 1600 are all the same amp----Destijli engineering built them and sub-contracted them out---Kirk Neal and Dan Wiggins desided to put both of their names on it since Ampman.com was the only place to get Adire Audio Brahmas at the time---and they were still friends-----well a few months later----poof friendship is gone and ALOt of revos/ were out there with no body to fix them---except for yours truely---but to tell you the truth----I am slowy getting out of the Audio world.---sad i know----but i am still gonna be around.

how efficent were they?

I would NOT hessitate to buy an amp from Adire.  Dan has a lock on the technogy isuues.  That's one smart cookie.  I'm sure you all remember the Adire/Ampman revo from year back.  That had the Adire name and was a powerhouse which we all know pretty well today as the RE35.1.

yea, i have no doubt that Dan could put together a solid car audio amp. I hate to make an example of Adire, I suppose that was a bad choice of company. However I still stand behind my statement, that I prefer that a company stick to just a few product lines instead of making EVERYTHING.

I know exactly what you're saying and I agree. Someone questioned Nick once about SI making amps and I'm glad he said, "NEVER!"

:ghost:
I would NOT hessitate to buy an amp from Adire.

the best I ever got them to do was about 81%----but with some mimor changes they could be 85-87% eff.----easy

do you still have some? or are there only a few out there floating around?

Sorry to be OT, but Dave, do you think you could fix an old ALpine 3552 with one blown channel?