Sign in to follow this  
Notorious97200

what to do with the remote of my saz1000 ?

I have just installed my saz1000D : wow !!!

I had a JL A1800D (650 watts at 4 ohms), and now the Sundown at 1 ohm.

I was not expecting such a big change in output!!! It's'another world !!

Couldn't be happier :)

Now my Icon 15 is playing loud, low, and always sooo clean.

But I wonder what to do with the remote provided : is it for the gain? Is it for bass boost?

How to use it?

Please, let me know.

So is it like that for all remote controls for your amps, I thought the one that came with SAZ-2000D was a bass boost knob?

Gain.

Thanks.

I will "study" how to use it to avoid blowing my sub. This little amp is like a beast!!!

Gain.

Thanks.

I will "study" how to use it to avoid blowing my sub. This little amp is like a beast!!!

It's almost like a volume knob for the amp. When it's disconnected it's like having the bass knob at full.

Edited by tech2332

So does it control the bass boost on amp or gain on amp?

If the bass setting on the amp is at 0 db position (regardless of remote being in or out it is still at 0 db)?

If the bass setting on the amp is at 6 db postion (without knob its at the full 6 db limit and with it in its between min or max of 6db setting)?

I don't have my 3500D yet so I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure it works like this.... You set the gain on the amp to the max lvl you want it to ever be, then with the remote you can adjust the gain up to the max set on the amp and bellow. I couldn't live without a bass remote cause it makes for easy bass volume adjustment for different styles of music.

I don't have my 3500D yet so I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure it works like this.... You set the gain on the amp to the max lvl you want it to ever be, then with the remote you can adjust the gain up to the max set on the amp and bellow. I couldn't live without a bass remote cause it makes for easy bass volume adjustment for different styles of music.

Yeah I just read some topics under the Sundown Thread and seen how it is a gain knob. Set your gain where you want it, plug the remote in at max and you control the setting from min to max at the amps gain setting (If at 50% then the remote will play it from the minimum level of 50% to the maximum level at 50%).

Im gonna leave my bass boost at 0 db, just wanted to make sure the knob was a gain knob and not a bass boost.

yeah the supplied gain knob is also useful in Police applications..you see a cop, you turn the knob down.....:)) just like haveing a mute for your bass.....then you just need to hit the ATT (reduced volume) button on your HU

No need to study no more!

You all gave all the explanations I needed.

Thanks

The bass knob is supposed to light up green and turn red when clipped right cuz mine works but doesnt light up

The bass knob is supposed to light up green and turn red when clipped right cuz mine works but doesnt light up

My knob lights up in a powerful blue, like the little light on the amp.

I tried to set the gain on the amp, then I plugged in the remote at the maximum; so, I can have less bass, but not more!!!

I think it's'a good way to use the knob.

Sign in to follow this