Sign in to follow this  
Lucky 76

term lab?

is there a meter that costs like $150 instead of just stepping up to this. i dont need it to be that accurate i just want a round about number ... need something that can measure around 155 db (just to be safe lol)

I don't believe that there's any meter that gets to that decible level in that price range.. 140db about as high as I've ever seen in that price range (those mics are for pro-audio)

AudioControl mics are gonna be in the same ballpark as the T/L you could look into the EPIC160 from audioControl.. it's a 1/2 din dash mount unit ... you could use it for a general idea...I think they're in the 150 range

I don't believe that there's any meter that gets to that decible level in that price range.. 140db about as high as I've ever seen in that price range (those mics are for pro-audio)

AudioControl mics are gonna be in the same ballpark as the T/L you could look into the EPIC160 from audioControl.. it's a 1/2 din dash mount unit ... you could use it for a general idea...I think they're in the 150 range

thanks ... do you know if fluke makes a db meter somewhere in that range?

the meter from make it louder works and is pretty accurate. I used mine for about a year before I dropped the mic and it stopped reading properly.

aalso remember that if you buy the mic only, it has to be hooked to a multi-meter and then the reading from the multimeter has to be converted to DB's... so it's a little more work than other meters.

the meter from make it louder works and is pretty accurate. I used mine for about a year before I dropped the mic and it stopped reading properly.

aalso remember that if you buy the mic only, it has to be hooked to a multi-meter and then the reading from the multimeter has to be converted to DB's... so it's a little more work than other meters.

it says there is one you can buy that converts it to db

cool... they didn't have that available when I purchased mine.