Sign in to follow this  
Sniper

Thinking about buying a Fi subwoofer

well, its about time I get a new subwoofer, my 15s are completely worn to shit (bet you've never worn a driver so bad you can make the cone bounce by pushing it in)

they sounded so good 10 years ago, I dont know what happened.

anyways, so I've got 4 computers imma sell to get a fi, that means 400 to 500 dollars for a new setup.

What should I go for that wont kill my price limit? (Please note, Shipping is a factor here, and I want an 18, so subtract 40$ from the total money for wood. yadayadayada)

Thinking about maybe a Fi Q 18 fully loaded... but could I get a no-option BTL for under 500 shipped???

(best to put it here, you people know how much these drivers weigh, and if it helps Zip is 46628)

well what type of music you listen to and what car is this going in..

I listen to a lot of Slim-Thug, I like my tones loud and low, hence why im looking into a Fi sub.

And this will be going in a saturn.

im actually not sure what kind of saturn im getting yet, but im positive its a saturn (guy at my dads work is giving me a free car, says it just needs brake lines)

I listen to a lot of Slim-Thug, I like my tones loud and low, hence why im looking into a Fi sub.

And this will be going in a saturn.

im actually not sure what kind of saturn im getting yet, but im positive its a saturn (guy at my dads work is giving me a free car, says it just needs brake lines)

Brakes are nice to have :)

I would make sure you can fit an 18 in the trunk with everything, you may want to wait. What sort of electrical upgrades are you doing? What amp?

for electrical i'd be redoing the big three in 0/1, getting a HO alt for it (preferably a 300a alternator)

for the amplifier, i'd be running a Sundown audio 1500.1, plenty of power for a Q or a no-option BTL.

(sundown+Fi, always a fine combination)

and if I cant make the 18 fit in the trunk, oh well, I'll just get a backup cam. (Once you start playing with 18s, you'll never move down to 12s again)

for electrical i'd be redoing the big three in 0/1, getting a HO alt for it (preferably a 300a alternator)

for the amplifier, i'd be running a Sundown audio 1500.1, plenty of power for a Q or a no-option BTL.

and if I cant make the 18 fit in the trunk, oh well, I'll just get a backup cam. (Once you start playing with 18s, you'll never move down to 12s again)

Either a Sundown SAZ1000D or Saz1500D would do you justice with a 15" Q or BL with the BP option. The most h/o alternators for Saturns are not over 200 amps, so I doubt you will find a 300Amp but you never know. If its a car your not going to fit a 18" subwoofer in a Saturns trunk, you can get a 15" ported with the right amount of enclosure space or 2-12" FI SSD's with a Sundown SAZ-1500D would be perfect also. If you get a good starting battery(group 34) and secondary battery for your system(group 31) you probably wont have to get a h/0 alternator depending on how your voltage holds up. just my .02

Either a Sundown SAZ1000D or Saz1500D would do you justice with a 15" Q or BL with the BP option. The most h/o alternators for Saturns are not over 200 amps, so I doubt you will find a 300Amp but you never know. If its a car your not going to fit a 18" subwoofer in a Saturns trunk, you can get a 15" ported with the right amount of enclosure space or 2-12" FI SSD's with a Sundown SAZ-1500D would be perfect also. If you get a good starting battery(group 34) and secondary battery for your system(group 31) you probably wont have to get a h/0 alternator depending on how your voltage holds up. just my .02

so a 15" Q with the SAZ1500 would do the trick? I like loud ;3

just out of curiousity, how big of a box do you think i could drop in it if its the car?

if your budget is 500 for a new setup its gona be hard to get everything.

if you get a 18" q its gona be about 350 just for that.

I was thinking more of Subwoofer budget ;3

already got me some killer 0/1 in my garage, KnuKoncepts Kolosus Fleks ftw. got 1 long 25 footer, and 1 0/1 6ft strand of the mentioned wire.

(already preparing for an install, as soon as I got subs and more wood, im totally starting a build thread)

im still considering a 1500.1, how well do you think it could push 2 Fi Qs?

already got me some killer 0/1 in my garage, KnuKoncepts Kolosus Fleks ftw. got 1 long 25 footer, and 1 0/1 6ft strand of the mentioned wire.

(already preparing for an install, as soon as I got subs and more wood, im totally starting a build thread)

oh haha i gotcha now.

the 2000d isnt much more then the 1500d rite now so id go with that :)

itd be nice with those q's

oh haha i gotcha now.

the 2000d isnt much more then the 1500d rite now so id go with that :)

itd be nice with those q's

I might just have to get me some Fi Q's and beat the hell out of em with a 2000d ;3

man, picture 2 15" Fi Q's in a Saturn SC

Its offical folks, im buying 1 18" Fi Q from a member of this website.

260shipped is a good price for a Q.

hopefully I can pay him sooner than friday, all depends on when I get paid for these computers im trying to get rid of, if anyone needs some computer parts just shoot me a PM

I have a 15" 09 BL, I will sell you for really cheap. It would go really well with a 1500wt amp. Only slightly used, the 09's have only been out for a few months...

Send me a PM if your interested.

Edited by vic713

How are you going to fit that in your trunk??

It's going to need at least 6 cubes.

its used, and I can get a 15" 12 spoke basket real cheap (10shipped) + recones aren't that expensive, play with it in the room for a while then after I get the car from my dad (its gonna be his until the second half of my junior year) im gonna get the recone kit for a 15" Fi Q, then have some wall socket fun with the old 18 :D

Sign in to follow this