Sign in to follow this  
Sniper

garbage 15s

so, my friend Jeremiah tells me that his brother in law Sean was throwing away some vintage 70s 15" pioneers, so I was like sweet drop that shit in your trunk, I'll give you a holla' in 4 to 5 hours.

so about 5 hours later, I showed up at his house, he told me Sean had ripped the woofers up to keep people from taking em.

well, they werent actually in bad shape ;o

the mids and tweets are destroyed, nothing I cant get off parts express for 50$ or less, I was more interested in the 15s for sub use (5.1 stereo with integrated subwoofer amp, my 8 that came with it was sold right after I got my 18 so I could buy some wood for it XD ) cause frankly, a 200hz crossover point means my music doesnt sound too well on the sats, so anyways, the woofers were just damaged a little around the surround, fixed it with some silicone sealent adhesive, the *bottom* 15 was damaged a little more, the cone was ripped out a little more, it had broke the tencil lead under the dust cap, so for the past few hours i've been trying to get my weller working right to fix it with solder, I dont understand why the solder keeps moving away from the tencil stud on the coil, its getting annoying, cause when the lead sparks at the bass the woofer distorts. trying to fix it cause 2 15s is better than 1 15 (of the same brand and series of cource :P )

Anyways, these things are worn out so much its amazing, they use the traditional pioneer cloth/fiber surround, so no dry rot (yay for me), the magnets on these things are TINY AS HELL (like 20oz at the most), the suspension is worn the hell out though, the spider isnt very stiff, when playing with tones they push out... And (best part) When you push the cone down and release it, they bounce!!!!!

Anyways, still a good grab fer free. (pics will be up shortly)

it appears that my webcam doesnt wanna take pictures, anyone got any good software for webcams?

Those probably aren't as much subwoofers as just woofers. I doubt you'll get much <40 hz playing out of them, even in top physical condition. So if you were wanting them for that application, you are probably wasting your time.

virtualdub or virtualmod can acquire your camera

Those probably aren't as much subwoofers as just woofers. I doubt you'll get much <40 hz playing out of them, even in top physical condition. So if you were wanting them for that application, you are probably wasting your time.

they did sound like shit till I moved em into my closet. oh my god dude, 200 watts is enough to get these things loud, sounds real good with the gorilla zoe track Walk Wit' a waddle.

These badboys have a tiny ass magnet, its amazing they can get loud, and get deep too :o

Where are these pictures you promised? ;)

Sorry it took so long, been busy this whole week.

Pioneer.jpg

pioneer2.jpg

Edited by Alex Walls

so. I started the day off earlier than I normally do when i beat, just cranked the system up.

the first few notes of Boss Of All Bosses by Slim-thug were very loud, my shirt was vibrating in the doorway ;o (like a real weak shirt trick, like a 10 in a thunderbird, still visible but not crazy or anything)

goes to show you that you can do almost anything with room acoustics when you play with it ;o

Love Your Gurl by The Dream wasnt that loud, but you could audibly hear all the low notes in it.

Rockaway by Jump Fresh Klick is hitting all the right notes, its peaking when I play it, turn the stereo up to 60 (I usually stop at about 55 since it distorts when you turn it up more) and my closet was resonating BAD.

the lightswitch in my parents room was vibrating visibly (you could see the wall moving very slightly) and the beads on the other side of the wall were bouncing. (they hang from a nail, basically saying my wall is moving.)

Amilli by Weezy is a little too high, its making the doors resonate, the bedroom door that is held against the closet (via a heavy weight, and by heavy weight an old 20 pound motor, its a single stack 3"VCDIA ;3) vibrates enough for flex to appear on the top half.

Bassotronics The Bass Will Destroy you (16hz bass) isnt very loud, its still really loud, and very musical and deep, that thing makes my ears tickle when it gets down under 20 ;o

Put On by Jeezy, slowed to 83% is loud and low, audble all the way down to the note prior to the final one on the opening step, first note makes my door resonate bad (im about to just get some melamine and stuff this bitch)

will have videos soon, for a old crappy 15 this thing gets loud! :o

quick follow up, I just played a slowed version of Three 6 Mafia - Late Nite Tip, theres a flashlight on my desk right? a small winchester light, it started TURNING when it got down to the first lowest note.

holy fuck this thing is SLAMMIN. I wanna put a better 15 in here though, I wanna see what a BTL will do to my room ;3

(then hear it in my saturn

My parents still have those subs in the same box with the mid and tweet and do quite well.

When me and my wife were married we had the reception in my parents back yard and used those speakers for our wedding as we were trying to save money and off an ole school pioneer receiver and we were jamming the night away till it got till 1000pm, which is when the noise ordiance went into effect and someone finally called the cops on us or so we thought, lol! Police told us they could hear us at their station, which is a good few blocks away, lol!

They let us off with a warning as most knew us and even stayed to shoot the shit for a few, but we had to turn off the music.....well turn it down.

Anyway, some nice sounding cabinet speakers!

just think, i've only been using one, imagine what it'd be like in here if i had 2 working :o

now with video

im not sure why the mic isnt picking up drop, you can hear the closet resonate and shit, but no bass..

I dont get it D:

This thing drops pretty good for an old 15 though