mcajr106

BL sound quality?

ok so i am looking to get either 2 15" BLs or 2 15" Qs. i am powering them with a Rockford Fosgate 20001bd amp, which i was told throws out about 2800 watts of power when i called Rockford. i am also building a custom box outta 3/4" MDF that i'm not completely sure about dimensions for yet. now i am leaning towards the BL because even though both the BL and the Q have the same power handling, the BL i am told can take more punch, which would compensate for the 800 extra watts from the RF amp. but everyone says that the Q is all about sound quality. is the BL going to have good SQ along with it's SPL? if i can hear that the BL will have good sound quality or better, than i'm going for them. if i hear, though, that the BL doesn't have good sound quality and is just strictly an SPL sub, then i will go with the Q and go with the bp power to compensate for the 800 watts.

i have a BTL and it has excellent sound quality IMO

i've never owned a BL but i'm sure it's sound quality is right on point

i'd go with the BL's but if you want to save some money then go with the Q's.. they'll both be able to handle and extra 400 watts each easily

i'd go with the BL's but if you want to save some money then go with the Q's.. they'll both be able to handle and extra 400 watts each easily

thanks man that's probably what I'm gonna do is go for the two 15"s. the difference in money is not an issue, even with extras like bp power or cooling. speaking of extras, anyone have any opinions on the extras of both the Q and the BL? another question is does the BL handle more power than the Q? any help would be greatly appreciated everyone. thanks in advance.

thanks man that's probably what I'm gonna do is go for the two 15"s. the difference in money is not an issue, even with extras like bp power or cooling. speaking of extras, anyone have any opinions on the extras of both the Q and the BL? another question is does the BL handle more power than the Q? any help would be greatly appreciated everyone. thanks in advance.

If this is for daily, and you are worried about power handling and output, go with the BL's.

You are NOT a Q buyer. DON''T even think about it. NEVER, EVER use the term SQ in a thread again as you have NO idea its meaning. Buy the BL's and enjoy as by your definition they are more of an SQ woofer than the Q...although your definition is wrong it is indeed what you want. :(

You are NOT a Q buyer. DON''T even think about it. NEVER, EVER use the term SQ in a thread again as you have NO idea its meaning. Buy the BL's and enjoy as by your definition they are more of an SQ woofer than the Q...although your definition is wrong it is indeed what you want. :(

damn man take it easy. i'm not the most savvy with car audio and this is the first time i've ever been on a forum. i just did it because FI doesn't display a phone number [even though i actually got one ;) don't ask me how]. now i just had a question about these two speakers because i am on a ledge between the two. everyone keeps saying BLs and to be honest, that's what i was leaning towards in the first place.

again, i'm not sure why i pissed you off so much, but i'm not really that knowledgeable when it comes to all this. so sorry for mentioning the term SQ, but i'm not entirely sure of what i'm talking about and i'm trying to get as close as i can so all you tech savvy guys out there can help point me in the right direction.

damn man take it easy. i'm not the most savvy with car audio and this is the first time i've ever been on a forum. i just did it because FI doesn't display a phone number [even though i actually got one ;) don't ask me how]. now i just had a question about these two speakers because i am on a ledge between the two. everyone keeps saying BLs and to be honest, that's what i was leaning towards in the first place.

again, i'm not sure why i pissed you off so much, but i'm not really that knowledgeable when it comes to all this. so sorry for mentioning the term SQ, but i'm not entirely sure of what i'm talking about and i'm trying to get as close as i can so all you tech savvy guys out there can help point me in the right direction.

Don't worry about Sean, you'd be surprised how many threads similar to this that pop up every day, it get's old.

Don't worry about Sean, you'd be surprised how many threads similar to this that pop up every day, it get's old.

x2

hahaha na man it's cool, like i said, i'm just tryin to learn about all this shit.

I vote you go for the BL's and build the box to Fi's suggested enclosure size.